Table Top gaming

Anyone here play them? For example Warhammer 40k. Thinking of getting back into it for the models and painting. The storyline behind them are awesome too. Played using Blood Angels Space Marines back in the day.

Monkey tennis

http://www.mrpinball.com.au/arcade-games/arcade-tabletops/item/134-mr-pinball-ultimate-2400-games-dual-table-top

She will be mine.
Oh, yes.
She will be mine.

It’s been a long time. Played a bit of Warhammer back when I was much younger, but it’s a hard hobby to keep up as an adult. You need to have a huge amount of spare money, a huge amount of spare time, and a bunch of mates who ALSO have a huge amount of spare money and spare time.

Played a lot of RPGs up til a few years back when my group drifted apart. Wouldn’t mind getting back into that - maybe Exalted, or M&M, or Deathwatch, or even something like VtM. Hard to find a group these days though.

D&D. Cause you ‘can’ play it for free.

Playing Kingdom Death.

It's been a long time. Played a bit of Warhammer back when I was much younger, but it's a hard hobby to keep up as an adult. You need to have a huge amount of spare money, a huge amount of spare time, and a bunch of mates who ALSO have a huge amount of spare money and spare time.

Played a lot of RPGs up til a few years back when my group drifted apart. Wouldn’t mind getting back into that - maybe Exalted, or M&M, or Deathwatch, or even something like VtM. Hard to find a group these days though.

Was thinking that. Warmachine is similar but much cheaper ($40 to start). Downside is its only available online to order.

D&D. Cause you 'can' play it for free.

Been doing custom free-range versions for about 30 years.

Diplomacy. End thread.

http://www.mrpinball.com.au/arcade-games/arcade-tabletops/item/134-mr-pinball-ultimate-2400-games-dual-table-top

She will be mine.
Oh, yes.
She will be mine.

Awesome!! Get that and I’m callin round with a few beers. Whether you like it or not.

Why not just download MAME and play for free?

Why not just download MAME and play for free?

I’m sure we’ve had this conversation.
I want the cabinet. I am not handy.
If you want to build it for me…

She will be mine.
Oh, yes.
She will be mine.

Awesome!! Get that and I’m callin round with a few beers. Whether you like it or not.

I would like that very much. :slight_smile:
Apart from sharing the high score honour roll, I guess…

Can we talk Designer Board Games in this thread?

Dominion is so dope. I love getting my non-nerdy friends into it. At first they give you this stupid look like you’re some ultra dorky fantasy nerd, then five minutes later “Market card into Moat for two buys and five gold oh yeah!”

Yea. Anything played on a table that’s not a video game.

:frowning:

Thinking about it the game i’ve play the most on a table is Mahjong.

Thinking about it the game i've play the most on a table is Mahjong.

Cant say I have played that

Can we talk Designer Board Games in this thread?

Dominion is so dope. I love getting my non-nerdy friends into it. At first they give you this stupid look like you’re some ultra dorky fantasy nerd, then five minutes later “Market card into Moat for two buys and five gold oh yeah!”

I’ve got Marvel Legendary as a deck building game, but have heard Dominion is good. Will check it out.

Can I plug a shop…? It’s called Gatekeeper Games. It’s at 323-327 St Georges Road Fitzroy. There’s a bunch of great take away food options within 120 meters, too. Danny’s Burgers, a great fish and chip shop, a chicken joint, an italian restaurant, a vegan place…

I have no personal involvement myself… Just it’s part owned by the husband of a friend of a friend, and I feel obligated for two reasons: The shop is actually all kinds of awesome for table top gamers, having a large selection of games on hand, the ability to order anything you want, and not one but two rooms with tables that you can sit at and play. They are also licensed, so you can even buy a beer.

The second reason is the epic troll I gave the owner at their grand opening. I asked, with a straight face, if he had a copy of monopoly. I had never seen anyone show me in real life an expression that was the very picture of ‘crestfallen’.

I made up for it at the time by asking if he had a game called Titan, and that led to a great chat about Avalon Hill games and what happened, and we all had a great time after that, but still…