Tac/u18 Thread

McGraths height does not have any effect on his ability to mark a contested ball. Hes leap from his athletics background plays a massive role in allowing him to outmark players 10cm taller than him. He has all the tools besides a few centimeters (which he makes up for anyway) to become a great player at the next level.

His explosive pace around stoppages is very enticing.

100%. Sick of seeing that hes just a half back. Hes work around stoppages and his judd-like breakaway speed is first class.

Had a dream last night we picked McCluggage at #1

Therefore we won’t be picking him as my dreams havnt come true recently.

1 Like

Is SPP the Oliver of this year? Everyone talking about him more now.

Venables sliding?

Venables sliding?

SPP definitely has some traits similar to Oliver, but wont go anywhere near pick 4. Venables most likely falls into that 15-30 range

Venables sliding?

SPP definitely has some traits similar to Oliver, but wont go anywhere near pick 4. Venables most likely falls into that 15-30 range

Is SPP’s disposal as bad as some of the phantom draft guys make it out to be? Because if the problems with his kicking have been exaggerated he could be a great pick up.

Venables sliding?

Is SPP’s disposal as bad as some of the phantom draft guys make it out to be? Because if the problems with his kicking have been exaggerated he could be a great pick up.

It can be overstated at times, but I think its pretty fair. Hes not a bad kick, just inconsistent. I think the problems with SPP is more so his decision making. If a club can fix those 2 things, then he is a second round steal, but until then he probably on becomes a hf/fp

Venables sliding?

He simply doesn’t have the footy smarts. Reminds me abit of Adam McPhee. Looks like a footballer, gets the ball a lot, but just doesn’t hurt the opposition.

Garunteed he’ll get a rising star nomination round 1 or round 2, and everyone will be saying “wow how did this guy get picked up so late in the draft.” Possibly win the rising star award. Then he’ll get found out with his poor disposal and decision making in his second or third year. Just like Palmer and Rich.

I would rather SPS at 1 over McGrath, SPS is nearly the perfect footballer, he defends really well, he can get forward on you, beautifully skilled, has magic to weave his way out of trouble, his side steps are ridiculous. He is a pure midfielder, not a forward mid or defensive mid.

I would honestly like to know what McGrath does better than SPS other then shut down opponents when at 1/2 back.
Watching both I think SPS is the better footballer and every bit a sure thing.
SPS will be elite.

Injuries have been his only down fall which will see him become a steal in this draft.
Probably the only player I wish could have had a full year to show how good he really is.

leadership for starters

Lock in Clugga please

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-13/callum-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-october-edition

Lock in Clugga please

Nope…pazza votes no…

Still holding out hope for Simon Rosa. We can make sure of him with pick 1.

Venables sliding?

He simply doesn’t have the footy smarts. Reminds me abit of Adam McPhee. Looks like a footballer, gets the ball a lot, but just doesn’t hurt the opposition.

Garunteed he’ll get a rising star nomination round 1 or round 2, and everyone will be saying “wow how did this guy get picked up so late in the draft.” Possibly win the rising star award. Then he’ll get found out with his poor disposal and decision making in his second or third year. Just like Palmer and Rich.

Adam McPhee was an all Australian

These dreams im having are fked. I dreamt that we picked up SPS with pick #1 and Mcluggage went at hawthorns pick 13 or whatever it is. Hahahaha jeez thats some weird sh*t

These dreams im having are fked. I dreamt that we picked up SPS with pick #1 and Mcluggage went at hawthorns pick 13 or whatever it is. Hahahaha jeez thats some weird sh*t

How did your Mum’s carpet handle it?

1 Like

With Gold Coast taking 4,6,8,10 it gives them the chance to pick a little bit by type to fill needs which might mean at least 1 surprise top 10 selection.

Who will fall through to our pick 20?

Will it be impacted at all by clubs having multiple picks before our pick?

For example:

Gold Coast- 4,6,8,10
GWS- 2,15
Brisbane- 3,16
Sydney- 9,19
Port-14,17

That is 5 clubs that have multiple picks before our pick 20. And they are all interstate, does that change anything? Then you have the academy selections thrown in amongst this.

Port - 9, 19
Sydney - 14, 17

Port - 9, 19 Sydney - 14, 17

Incorrect. They traded.

Incorrect. They traded.

What the hell are Port doing?

Incorrect. They traded.

What the hell are Port doing?

It looks weird but they must have been keen on getting their pick 49 upgraded to Sydney’s pick 31, which was the part of the deal we didn’t mention.

It might have something to do with where they see a South Australian prospect (or two) falling. Who knows.
They now have 14,17,30,31.

Only thing I can think of is they now have 2 1st rounders to use instead of 1.

In need a massage