Tac/u18 Thread

One inside one inside outside like that a lot

Then add mcneice to replace hibberd hepp to replace bags only need a ruck

If Kerr gets to Geelongā€™s pick, the talk is that heā€™s who they want.

I know heā€™s got Blue blood, butā€¦

If Kerr gets to Geelong's pick, the talk is that he's who they want.

I know heā€™s got Blue blood, butā€¦

I know they are praying for one of Florent or Gallucci to slide they rate both very highly. Kerr is similar to Kersten who they just got rid of

Catching up on another champs game. one more after this!

Jesus Christ do they have to a ten minute lecture about the sheer awesomeness of the academy programā€™s and how unfair any criticism of the GWS zone is in EVERY allies game.

Allies getting an absolute armchair ride from the umps btw, guess the umps are getting trained early about what the afl expects when a nsw or Qld side is on the fieldā€¦

Catching up on another champs game. one more after this!

Jesus Christ do they have to a ten minute lecture about the sheer awesomeness of the academy programā€™s and how unfair any criticism of the GWS zone is in EVERY allies game.

Allies getting an absolute armchair ride from the umps btw, guess the umps are getting trained early about what the afl expects when a nsw or Qld side is on the fieldā€¦

Maybe they are expecting Hawthorn to take a few recruits?

Can someone please tell me who was number 40 for vic country?

If it's a giant fat ruckman, it's Sean Darcy

Looks like a monster abt chance of being picked up?

Maybe with one of those big construction cranes.

1 Like

Has lost weight i do like him

1 Like
Throwing a name out there because I've heard there are multiple clubs keen on him in the 20s is Josh Begley from Eastern Ranges. Plays very similar to Venables and only just missed out on selection for the All Stars game.
Well I guess it was us all along haha
Throwing a name out there because I've heard there are multiple clubs keen on him in the 20s is Josh Begley from Eastern Ranges. Plays very similar to Venables and only just missed out on selection for the All Stars game.
Well I guess it was us all along haha

Good get!

TAC Cup team lists out today. Notable inclusions are M Fletcher for the Cannons, and C Parish for Geelong.

Best name this year is obviously Essenwanger from the Greater Western Victoria Rebels. Most stupid team name change this year is equally obviously the Greater Western Victoria Rebels. And you just KNOW some bozo from AFL Vic got a bonus for that. It was probably Paul Hamiltonā€¦

Season starts the weekend after nextā€¦

2 Likes

There is a Werner from Gisborne in the cannons list, I know Michael played for a few years there, do you know if itā€™s a son?

Soā€¦ who are the good mids likely to fall in the picks 3-7 range this year?

Twomstone talked about some kid thatā€™s a gun physical half forward midfielder like peteacca just nowhere near his bodymass.

Still havenā€™t seen any junior footy this year, but some interesting things happening.

Sam Hayes putting his hand up for a very high pick over the past few weeks. Couple of rounds ago he had 17 touches, 21 hitouts, and 6 clearances in a half before copping a finger injury. Today he has 6 goals in the first half against Gippy.

Calder winless so far, they used to be perennial grand finalists but theyā€™ve really fallen off a cliff since changing coaches in 2010/11.

Gippsland also not much cop it seems, though Bendigo looks to not suck for the first time in living memory.

Geelong looking strong, as youā€™d expect with a midfield of Worpel and Parish who were a powerful combination even as underagers last year.

2 Likes

The U18 National Championships starts in a month. Iā€™m going to get a long to a game or two this year again I reckon. We should have a pick up the pointy end again.

Also, given that it appears a strong draft crop I wonder if there is any way that we can get a second 1st round selection somehow?
We probably just donā€™t have the bargaining power. Weā€™ll be lucky to get a second round compo for Zaka if he left.

Well, I could see why they changed the name to reflect Western Victoria rather than Ballarat, since it covers Hampden and Wimmera leagues as well as Ballarat. Does it cover Sunraysia too? Calling it just North Ballarat is ridiculous, or was it Ballarat?

If itā€™s the Greater part of Greater Western you hate, then I agree. Theyā€™d probably want to add that area to the GWS catchment area too and hope we donā€™t notice.

1 Like

Sunraysia is in the Murray Bushrangers catchment. Echuca, the Mallee, Mildura etc was in the Bendigo catchment, last time I looked. The Rebels catchment kinda sits awkwardly between the Bendigo catchment up in the far north west and the Geelong catchment which covers most of the surf coast etc about as far as apollo bay. Warrnambool and further west are GWV territory, as are Stawell, Ararat, Hamilton etc

I think it was originally called North Ballarat cos it used to be aligned to the VFL side, rather their zone than being actually located north of ballarat. ā€˜Greater western Victoriaā€™ is still a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  silly name though.