Tac/u18 Thread

Yeah nah just Darcy

Darcy has had a knee issue for most of the year, before it he was playing great footy. His game before the Blues and bombers game earlier in the year was very good

Reckon heā€™ll slide to our pick or pipedream?

because until he went down seemed like a mid weā€™ll need.

As a mid or not he is a top 10 talent.

Insane agility for his size, contests beast and a long elite kick on not sides. I think he will end up a Hurley type defender or forward if he doesnā€™t become a midfielder.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the updates. Its so great when people can give their opinion, your (and HMā€™s, and otherā€™s) opinions are really appreciated.

Of course, it means weā€™ll weigh the weight of the draft on every opinion you have on a player! :wink:

2 Likes

(NOTE: I added the videos to this post in a second edit)

Regarding Darcy Fogartyā€¦

My first viewing of him was on YouTube, in the 2016 U17s pre-AFL grand final showcase match, and he looked reasonably nimble in that match:

Then I saw him in a Championships match from this year, and he looked so much bigger to me. Like he has become quite a solid man in less than a year?? I think he is now in the low 190cms, and it is maybe affecting his agilityā€¦perhaps it was just due to the knee injury, but it looked like he was relying more on his bulk and bodywork in this Championship match, as opposed to using tricks:

Must be getting close to a Francis body shapeā€¦I donā€™t know whether that is perfect for us as an inside mid, or whether it starts to affect his mobility to a concerning degree.

1 Like

Yeah notice the tape on his knee for the Championships, obviously affected his agility considering just a couple of months prior in April his agility was superb playing in the Weitering vs Daniher game

Where is Fogartys draft range. My understanding is that he is hard to gauge and has dropped?

But some had Simpkin at 20 last year and he was far earlier so sometimes the unknown makes them higherā€¦

Witherden opposite

Darcy is here watching Cassidy. Fast paced game a few rushed kicks. Matthew Ling been super i wouldnā€™t mind taking him to replace McGrath at half back

3 Likes

Hmm, watch his brother vs the VFL. Must be annoyed at the conflict. Although he might be able to do both.

3/4 time at the TAC (no, Iā€™m not there, fatherā€™s day duty) and the VFL only starts at 2:40. Darc probably has time to do bothā€¦

2 Likes

Ok so 2 of the top 4 teams went at it with Dandenongs 2 best players missing. Geelong won but it was hardly convincing and if they meet in the finals I feel Dandenong will beat them.

First Iā€™ll cover Dandenongs 2 main draft prospects from this game

Aiden Bonar who has missed the last 2 years with an ACL is a physical specimen and his late season interest is justified. He is 190cm but plays taller with his leap very impressive and his hands super clean. He took some great contested marks and his hands in the wet at ground level where superb, he didnā€™t fumble at all. His tank is obviously very poor which is too be expected and his game sense at times looks a bit lackluster but he is a special talent and someone I could see going in the 1st round if a club wants to take the risk.

Oscar Clavarino was a rock in defence taking many intercept marks. I wouldnā€™t say one on one marking his his best trait but he judged the ball well in the air and used the footy well. He looks a 2nd round prospect.

There where more notable players for Geelong but not all played well. Gryan Miers was very poor, James Worpel has his moments but he may slide like Mathieson did, his kicking can be very poor. Tom McCartin has great hands and tackles well but goes missing for large chunks.

Cassidy Parish again was very good. His hand balling and vision is elite and his kicking off the mark was very good but his main issue was his kicking in general play where he takes far too long to make a decision with ball in hand and runs very slow. He was very clean in the wet

Matthew Ling is a super quick defender with a very good left foot. He is very elusive and often stays composed, he went missing in the 2nd half after an impressive 1st half. When he has the ball he is near impossible to catch

Jack Henderson is a little pocket rocket, he is a poor manā€™s Jack Higgins but not in a bad way. He is only 176cm but he has great speed and power and he knows when to take off and when to stay composed and dish of a handball. Kicked a classy goal and is one to watch later in the draft. He can play anywhere on the ground as a small defender, mid or small forward

A few other players Iā€™ve noted but canā€™t really be bothered, still disappointed with the VFL loss haha

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be heading to these

TAC Finals

Saturday 9th September
Victoria Park
Oakleigh Chargers vs Northern Knights
Dandenong Stingrays vs Eastern Ranges

Sunday 10th September
Mars Stadium
Geelong Falcons vs Gippsland Power
Sandringham Dragons vs Murray Bushrangers

I want to hear Sandy Roberts introduce Aiden Bonar.

3 Likes

Higgins won the TAC Cup B&F tonight.

(I believe the award night was hosted by Paul ā€œDank and Robinsonā€™s bossā€ Hamilton, for those keeping scoreā€¦)

6 Likes

HIGGINS

No suprises with Higgins winning, I think he played the most TAC games out of all the top prospects

The TAC team of the year is a joke, not sure how they can justify not having the most consistent player Andrew Brayshaw in the team

I believe this is that TAC Cup team of the year:

FB: Paton - Podhajski - Garner
HB: Clark - Clavarino - Coffield
C: Fogarty - Worpel Ā© - Naish
HF: Stephenson - Balta - Davies-Uniacke
FF: Miers - Rayner - Higgins
R: Hayes - Cerra - Dow
I: Handley - Constable - Meeks - Porter - Parish - Moore

So are we drafting Clark or Coffield?

5 Likes

I know you were jokingā€¦but I would be happy with either of those playersā€¦they do already play midfield time.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s no fun.

Edit: Which one shows leadership qualities?