Tac/u18 Thread

Both Clark and Coffield are outstanding leaders. Clark is the more proven midfielder at this stage. I’d love Clark at our first pick he is exactly the type of midfielder we need.

6 Likes

The cream of the draft crop all played well today.

LDU, Clark, Stephenson, Hayes and Coffield all with great games. Garner his best game for awhile but still below his best. Naish another who was ok but far from his best.

Not many players stood out lower in the draft. Mynott and Ross had good first halfs and are in the 2nd round mix, C.Thompson another solid game, Ed Richards and Ryley Stoddart offered a lot of drive down back both similar players.

A few even later in the draft who did some good things those include Matthew Day, Hugh Longbottom, Alex Federico, Riley D’Arcy and Matthew King.

1 Like

Silly question (and maybe too early to tell)

Is Mason Fletcher looking likely to be a 1st round pick next year?

Just wondering if the club should look to trade out next year’s first to get 2x first rounders this year and hope to get Mason cheaper next year?

He’s had some promising games, but as far as I can tell he’s a pretty long way off first round considerations yet. He’s not in the AIS Academy for instance.

5 Likes

Right now I have young Fletch in the 20-40 range

2 Likes

So most likely we can get him with our third round pick (~43). If lucky, fourth round.

He is very raw and it’s hard to see how he will go next year but if he plays like he did in the last TAC game he could command a top 20 pick. It’s looking like a very good draft so the later we can get him the better

1 Like

Has anyone seen much of Andrew Brayshaw? Looks like a classy contested ball-winner who can use it well and isn’t a plodder.

Twomey had him around the pick 22 mark earlier but now has him sitting at pick 13. Similarly, Knightmare had him at 18 but now at 8.

Seems to be climbing the rankings and could definitely fit the bill for us. Thoughts, @Humble_Minion? I’m also a fan Hunter Clark, who seems to be quite popular on here.

2 Likes

Que??

I keep hearing how poor it is this year…

Next year, BD.
Mason’s draft.

Brayshaw is nearly a complete midfielder, I struggle to find a fault in his game. Superb leader, great kick and a good finisher at goal I have him top 10

Clark I have slightly better Clark would fit our list perfectly

2 Likes

A lot of people have different have different views on this draft. Shifter believes the depth is better this year but I’d say it was better last year. I prefer the top 15 this year compared to last year and the 2nd round is about the same. Next year looks amazing I’ve got a huge list of draftable players for next year

3 Likes

Impression that I get is that it’s still a very unsettled draft and everyone’s going to have a different opinion about it. There’s maybe not that top-end depth of 6 or seven guaranteed guns that will go in the first 6 or seven picks, but there might be a top-end depth of a dozen plus guys all of who would surprise nobody if they turned out to be the best player in the crop. It’d be an easy year to blow a top 3 pick I reckon, and it’s perfectly believable that someone like Higgins or Stephenson or even Balta or someone similar who isn’t really in the conversation for #1 pick right now might turn out to be the best of the batch.

5 Likes

A good year to have a mid first round draft pick.

Hope you stumble upon a Dangerfield.

How would you rate Constable as an inside mid? He’s a good size and said to do as he pleases at stoppages, but not too quick across the ground.

I like O’Brien

Not quick and not overall hard at the ball, a bit like Jobe he just knows how to get to the Taos and get his bigger frame behind the ball. Despite his lack of fitness he does try hard to spread from stoppages. Also he has something that Jobe doesn’t and that’s versatility, he can go forward but also play the HB role similar to how BJ does he has a great kick on him.

Because of his lack of speed and his lack of tenacity for the ball compared to other inside mids I have him just outside the top 10 but would be more than happy to take him with our 1st

3 Likes

So he’s possibly Langford mk2?

2 Likes