Tac/u18 Thread

Clarke certainly was the best stoppage mid in his TAC year, no arguments about that. Question has always been how well he can translate his game up, with kicking being the prime concern obviously. You get punished for imprecise disposal at AFL level much harder than in the TAC.

Clarke has a very very wide potential window. From Priddis on the up side, to Guy Who Was Delisted Without Playing A Senior Game Cos He Couldn’t Kick on the down side.

5 Likes

In the case of Cassidy Parish his kicking is bad in a different way to Clarke. Parish gets the boot on the ball just fine it’s his whole body that’s not right when kicking. In general I play he will slow down to a crawl and risks getting run down. When kicking after a mark his kicking is fine. His kicks if bad always go to ground level and never over the head of his teammate.

He only misses the cut for next year by a couple of days too I think?

Might be a chance he gets looked at as a rookie but my guess is he will be looked at for a VFL team

1 Like

:grinning: Hope so. Good kid, great family. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Rain has eased and it’s a beautiful day here at Port Melbourne. Keen to see how some of these 18s go against kids who have had a year or two at VFL leve. Darby and Ottavi look set to line up on eachother haha

2 Likes

Guess who

1 Like

Green team leads Black team by 3 goals. Ottavi taken some nice marks at CHF although kicking has been iffy. Darby solid in defence you can see how much more developed he is.

For the young players for Green Nick Hogan, Flynn Appleby, Callum Porter and Tristan Xerri have shown the most so far. For Black Callan Wellings, Mason Blakey, Luke Bunker, Joel Naylor and Tom Boyd have been best.

2 Likes

Sorry, what game is this?

Brad Green vs Simon Black

2 Likes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/annual-young-guns-games-give-tac-cup-and-vfl-players-another-chance-to-impress-afl-clubs/news-story/7422f205208f786428af2c057b8f3d93

1 Like

The game was terrible, too many players playing for themselves, no order but these are the players that showed a bit or even tried to play team football

Black team
Callan Wellings
Mason Blakey
Noah Answerth
Luke Bunker
Kyle Stainthorpe
Joel Naylor
Tom Boyd
Jake Riccardi

Green team
Mackenzie Doreian
Nick Hogan
Josh Iacobaccio
Lewin Davis
Derek Smith
Flynn Appelby
Matt Darby
Tristan Xerri

That’s because he spent most of his time there for obvious reasons. Many better for impact at stoppages Taranto etc

Cassidy Parish has been huge for Geelong they look to be going to the GF

Darcy also in attendance as usual to see his brother

4 Likes

BRING HIM IN

Cassidy Parish = future raging bull,
Is much bigger bodied than Darcy 6’ 3" I think & his disposal will come good. Loves getting dirty

1 Like

Cassidy named BOG today

4 Likes

Raging bull is a stretch, if I was a betting man I’d say we take Parish late or as a rookie. The main queries are his kicking and if his game can hold up to modern AFL football

Give him a year or 2 to grow into his frame and the pace of elite footy…could be a very good player and hard to match up

What is Cassidy’s pace like?