Tac/u18 Thread

T_D can answer better, but said he had him high on his list but other watchers have him towards the 2nd round.

As @barnz said I seem to be the only one who rates Bytel that highly, others still like him just not that high (top 10)

2 Likes

Thank ■■■■ he is a mid. At 192cm I just automatically assume utility…

3 Likes

Looks like your mail was good.

1 Like

Bailey Smith… seems a good size. What sort of footballer is he?

Natural ball magnet who can play midfield, forward and back. Good user by hand and foot.

Watched him play round 1 in the wet conditions he had 37 touches with 22 of them contested, 12 clearances, 7 tackles. Was an all round performance on the inside and outside.

Hurt his ankle after that game and a couple of weeks ago he came back and got 28 touches and 2 goals. His main query would be his speed which is solid but he is slightly one paced

2 Likes

Daniel hanna got a good write up on twitter, had 26 touches at 200cm! What have you heard about him don

#bazzout

Keep your eye on Lachie Ash from Murray Bushrangers. Under age for this years draft but definite future star. If you believe in pedigree , son of Steven Ash outstanding O&M and GVFL star , mother is the sister of Chris Connolly of AFL fame. Already at age 16 playing for Shepparton Bears adult team.

2 Likes

Smooth mover at half back don’t mind him

Lanky key forward/ruck. Didn’t get to see much of him but I don’t think he has played any games as prolific as this week.

Too looked like a very long term project considering we have Lavender I don’t think we will take him

Who’s the best contested mid in the draft @THE_DON1 ? Haven’t watched much U18 stuff, heard good things about Bytel and Hately though…

Bytel at this stage is the best contested mid, Smith has been prolific. James Rowbottom is highly regarded from what I’ve heard and Xavier O’Halloran despite not getting big numbers looks really good at the contest and works his ■■■ off

Thanks @THE_DON1

Very much appreciated.

What about Collier-Dawkins as an inside mid? He’s big!

Rankine and Bytel would be nice.

We want good and not big.

Half back flanker, you say?
Can he play mid?

Most underage players start on the flanks so I wouldn’t worry :stuck_out_tongue: Either way I wouldn’t have any idea what other positions he could play since I’ve only seen him once

article on espn about contested midfielders.

doesn’t mention bytel.

Rookie mistake :stuck_out_tongue: