Tac/u18 Thread

According to stats Hately with 22 touches in the SANFL. Going very nicely it appears

3 Likes

Does he play on ball in the SANFL or more hf?

Top 20 midfield prospects Xavier Oā€™Halloran and Xavier Duursma both had good games today.

Oā€™Halloran with 25 touches and Duursma with 26 to go with his 2 goals.

Key forward Noah Gown also had his standout performance for the year kicking 5.0 to go with 18 disposals. Gown is a Tom Lynch (Adelaide) style of key forward with a good workrate and good hands.

How good is Oā€™Halloran? 186 cm a good midfield size and a local lad.

Outstanding leader and tough as nails, hasnā€™t been a huge ball winner but he has always been one of the Jets best players every week

Heā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™d like to have a few more second rounders.

1 Like

From what I hear he might be in between our first and second somewhere in the 12-18 range

Really? That high? Draft night is gonna be hella interesting, hopefully we pick up a bunch of 2nd rounders and make it ā€œedge of your seatā€ viewing

He is future captain material and helps that he can play footy :wink:

I think we are well stocked for future captains, I like the ā€œcan football partā€ though.

1 Like

Iā€™ve watched a few highlights videos of late. Must admit that I can see what youā€™re talking about with Rozee. Very smooth mover and seems to be a play maker. Obviously a different type of player to Hately, but I can see why you have him in front at this stage.

I also liked Zak Butters from Vic Metro as a wingman type. He has good awareness and ability to half step to open up the play. Seems to take risks and execute them.

Rankine is a class of his own. He would clearly play from round one.

For inside mids, I do like the look of Valente. Bytel could well slide to the third round like Worpel did.

A 1-3 of Rozee/Rankine - Butters - Valente/Bytel could be a pretty good draft outcome.

Thoughts from the actual expertsā€¦?

On Izak Rankineā€¦ We already have one of him probably the better version in Raz,

Can you see the similarities that I can see?

2 Likes

Iā€™d give up a lot to get our hands on another Fantasia.

4 Likes

Agreed!

Yeah that who Iā€™d compare him too, Raz and Michael Walters

1 Like

While the general consensus over the past few years is that we need an inside bull midfielder, I starting to think weā€™re ok in that area at the moment.

Hepp, Langford, at times Stringer and Myers, with the potential of Clarke and Laverde also contributing, the role I really think weā€™re missing is an explosive x-factor with excellent kicking skills. Dare I say, an Andrew Lovett type of footballer.

I would love to see an Essendon mid breaking away from clearances, putting the ball lace out on Joes chest, chiming in with 2 or three himself.

Does Rankine have that ability, if he does, Iā€™m hoping cough he ā€œdevelopsā€ a ā€œpossible career endingā€ cough cough ā€œhip complaintā€ just before draft day.

1 Like

no point going after rankine.

biggest flight risk since wingard.

2 Likes

Rankine isnā€™t like anybody he is his own player, does his best work as a pure forward imo so if we are looking for a silky midfielder type Iā€™d look closer at players like Rozee at our first or Butters at our second. This draft isnā€™t very strong for those good outside running types with elite skill.

1 Like

just so you know, if you google rozee you get pakistanā€™s #1 job site.

I would draft rankine, imagine him there instead of green.

Yep but he will put on more size and eventually move into the guts. Similar balance, turning circle and acceleration, more power.

1 Like