Tac/u18 Thread

guess that will shorten his chances.

kill me.

1 Like

Heā€™s chanced his arm three times, eternal optimist.

Bang! Huge kick from Rozee

1 Like

@THE_DON1. is leukosis or lucozade or whatever his name is capable of playing round 1? How about the twins?

All capable, Kings would have a similar impact to Daniher went he first started so would show signs of talent but will take a few years to show a big impact

Lukosius the most ready made with his superior fitness and he has played well playing senior SANFL football. Most of the SA players at the top end are ready

2 Likes

Lukosius wouldnā€™t need to play as a key, depending on where he ends up he could play 3rd or even as a medium running type.

Never got to see Max before his injury, does he project as a Lynch/Kennedy type FF or more as a CHF in the daniher/hipwood mould?

1 Like

Best at FF but he does play and move a lot like Daniher. I havenā€™t seen him do much up the ground so that might even be a query to either his workrate or if he will have the ability to play higher

How is he in the ruck?

Iā€™ve only seen him ruck when Forward, does ok I guess I would it say he has a great craft for it but it could be worked on much like Joey has had to at times

It feels like at the moment weā€™re a good chance to finish at least as high as where we are now, which would mean after Lynch compo weā€™d have pick #9, or likely #10 or #11 after academy and F/S selections. Which is another way of saying weā€™re miles off those top 6 candidates.

I"m starting to lean towards trying to get Wallis as a FA, and then Rozee with our first and best available at our second.

@THE_DON1 There is a bit of talk regarding Adam Cerra coming home in the trade tread.

With this draft upon us, would you (wearing numerous jackets obviously), hand over our first pick for Cerra? Or hold onto it knowing the strength of this draft?

It wouldnā€™t be enough.
So based on that, no, we hang on to it.

1 Like

Cerra is better than any inside mid we could take at our pick, might be more talented players that become available but none that fill that need. Cerra has power unlike a Hately so if I had the choice between both itā€™s Cerra. I would do the deal but I donā€™t think they would be willing to take that

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way they would settle for one first rounder.
And Iā€™m not giving two years first rounders for anyone.

2 Likes

Looking at the struggles of the McKay twins makes me wary of selecting the King twins too high in the draft. This is taking into account the King twins have achieved more on their junior career.

We canā€™t have a no twins rule!

What about the Davey boys coming through.

The King twins are better than the McKays, better suited to the modern game, and like you said better performed.

both twins have been made to earn their spots and they are still young, a bit early to say they have been failures.

Iā€™d happily give a 2nd rounder and maybe a little extra to get one of them to us for key forward depth.

2 Likes

2 first rounders for cera please.

Youā€™d think Freo would deal with Cerraā€™s trade the way they dealt with Wellerā€™s.

Carlton should be trying to turn Pick 1 into Cerra and another pick around the top 5.