Tac/u18 Thread

I didn’t “think” anything. I was just crossing over a conversation from the trade thread to here, simply to gauge the worth of our first pick in this “super” draft with THE_DON1, since he/she seems extremely knowledgeable on the subject. What it’d take to get Cerra is a whole other conversation, but clearly our first pick would need to be involved. Is our first pick in this draft expendable?

The_Don1 and boot has convinced me that Cerra would likely come at too much of a cost and we’d be better off keeping our pick/s.

Edit: Just re-read your first sentence and it can be taken as a suggestion to Freo rather than a suggestion to me. If thats what you meant, apologies for the “defensiveness”.

One for the seasoned TAC watchers:

How do you think the anti-density rules should affect different types of players (eg tall forwards / inside mids / etc) and how they grow in an AFL environment?

The anti density rule I feel has favoured the attacking half back more than any other position. The other positions I feel influence the same way as it does in the AFL now

Has Dodoro been playing the long con? Is he LittleFingering the AFL?

1 Like

Are the King twins identical?

I mean…can you draft both, name one in the side, put them in the same jumper, and secretly interchange them via the rooms?

Yep although Max is a bee’s ■■■■ taller than Ben so it would take a freak to tell them apart :wink:

1 Like

Paul Little isn’t President any more.

*I’ll get my coat …

I’m not saying they are a failure but yet to be proven top 10 quality or trending that way - Continuing the recent trend of talls taken early not fitting in with today’s game.

With a late pick in our draft I’d love Lachlan Sholl from calder. Not a fast player, yet not slow. Carves up teams with elite foot skills on both sides of his body and runs all day as well. However is a very outside player. One of the better kicks in the entire draft pool. Think gaff, scully and especially whitfield.

PICK 55.

1 Like

Great skills, smart and a good leader. He should still be taken late but he really does lack that extra string to be seen as a future quality player. He isn’t really an interceptor or particularly strong at the contest so he may need to really excel at becoming a wingman, his lack of speed hurts him to become an elite player at this role.

Combine invites are in, a few unlucky players including
Tom Lewis
Mitch Riordan
Joe Ayton-Delaney
Stefan Radovanovic
Alastair Richards
Jack Ross

Add Podhajski to that list

Podhajski is a tough one, his disposal is inconsistent and his speed and contested ability are below average for what he would need to do at the next level.

If he gets taken I still think it’s rookie at best, 19 year olds usually don’t have much trouble domainting at TAC level especially when the teams aren’t at full strength. I’ll be watching him on Sunday when Calder play Dandenong. No Bytel but I expect Curtis Taylor may swap forward with Podhajski during the game.

If he doesn’t get picked up I’d expect him to become one of the better VFL players going around.

How many of the invitees are injured and or going into surgery at years end? I have a sneaky suspicion Rankine won’t test.

have noticed in a few pieces that rankines work rate and commitment are a worry. is this the case ?

could he end up being another cupido or hall?

interested to hear from any sa watchers

If any club other than us drafts him, it’s a good thing, not a worry

At the very least he becomes a player of Daniel Motlops ilk, his ceiling is ridiculous though, Walters/Fantasia high. I reckon he lands at Adelaide; Bulldogs or Freo may take the risk though, Freo would be a good fit for him I think.

@THE_DON1 Just read the article about Shane McAdam, do you know much about him? Could he be the “Andrew Lovett type” I’ve been banging on about needing?

I wouldn’t know anymore than the next guy, I can’t watch SA senior football so I can’t really give an opinion on him sorry

1 Like