Tac/u18 Thread

His name is Orazio

2 Likes

Calder v Dandenong wasnā€™t the best showcase of talent. Not many enhancing their stocks in fact many lowered their stock in my eyes. Curtis Taylor was very poor, Podhajski the clear standout from the game although his kicking can still be inconsistent

2 Likes

Charlie Wilson putting in some big numbers for Ballarat another 5 goal game, he has kicked 18 in the last 4 games.

1 Like

Would like to see how he goes against some quality opposition, Eastern will be lucky to have a single player drafted this year

Heā€™d be averaging 3 goals, good tackle and possession numbers for an outside type. If he tests well I can see someone taking him mid/late.

Didnā€™t get a combine invite and players in the TAC that donā€™t get a combine invite very rarely get taken in the top 50 or so and are very lucky to go in the national at all

Being selected in the combine doesnā€™t mean you get drafted but your chances of being drafted from the TAC is very slim if you donā€™t get invited to the national combine. Hamish Brayshaw was the highest pick of those not selected for the combine but he was selected the year before and that was at pick 68

Itā€™s not the case for mature age and interstate players for the combine but if you are mature age or interstate and invited to the combine you are an extremely good chance to be drafted

Every WA player invited last year got drafted and only 2 from SA didnā€™t get drafted.

3 Likes

Just a continuation, only 4 players since 2015 have gone in the top 50 that didnā€™t get a combine invite from the TAC

Brayden Sier pick 32 - Collingwood
Mitch King pick 42 - Melbourne
Liam Hulett - pick 46 - Melbourne

Kayla Kirby - pick 50 - Collingwood

Does that include state combines?

No, those 4 players only got state invites

1 Like

When was the last time a player was taken without an invite to either? or are they usually rookies

@THE_DON1 Curious if there are any big bodied draftees ready to go like a PowellPepper? Doesnā€™t have to be a mid.
If we were to use our picks for instant impact who would you go with?

For instant impact Iā€™d take Walsh, he may not have the size but he would play Round 1 for any time in the AFL. Stick him on a wing and watch him dominate.

For big bodied players in the SPP mould Iā€™d say Valente, Stocker and E.Smith would be most likely

1 Like
1 Like

Ok Iā€™ve decided to share my top 20 at the start of every month (A bit like Twomey :stuck_out_tongue: ) Iā€™m guessing mine will look a fair bit different to his aswell

1. Sam Walsh
  2. Jack Lukosius
  3. Nick Blakey
  4. Izak Rankine
  5. Ben King
  6. Max King
  7. Bailey Smith
  8. Connor Rozee
  9. Tarryn Thomas
  10. Ian Hill
  11. Rhylee West
  12. Jye Caldwell
  13. Xavier Oā€™Halloran
  14. Bailey Williams
  15. Jackson Hately
  16. Riley Collier-Dawkins
  17. Xavier Duursma
  18. Liam Stocker
  19. Luke Valente
  20. James Rowbottom
11 Likes

Is this on actual talent/performance or where you think each club will pick at?

Like Calā€™s itā€™s my personal player rankings, nothing to do with clubs

Ian Hill sounds like a good, solid Essendon name.

Nice one - thank you. Would you mind highlight FS and Academy players? I know the obvious ones but not all of them.

1 Like

What a bunch of bogan sounding names.

Isaac spelt wrong.

Tarryn! Isnā€™t that a girls name?

A couple of Rileyā€™s including one spelt wrong.

Jye!

Bailey and xav are popular.

5 Likes