Tac/u18 Thread

It’ll be interesting where RCD falls to on draft nights

What’s the go with calders Riccardi? Is he the one we were linked to last year?

His numbers are poor but every time I watch him he still does thinks that makes you think “wow what a talent” I think his numbers would be better at a poor club since he would get more midfield time but yeah he can struggle to get involved in transition which isn’t an issue for the first round prospects like Walsh and Smith

He is a good size and a nice long kick, propbably lacks a bit of agility and speed and he can ply a bit selfishly. Could still be a rookie prospect but I’m not sure which position he plays at the next level.

Hately in the best half a dozen in the ground against Ports reserves on the weekend

Do you see all these extra state league fans as eschewing AFL, to go watch 2nds?

I think your thinking on this topic is as skewed as your opinion of Dell’Olio was

1 Like

This sounds like faery floss. Why on earth would I go to see the VFL match because each side has a few draftable kids in it? And why would they be played, since the VFL teams if not aligned with AFL ones will focus on playing kids over winning? Of course, the clubs will have to be unaligned with the AFL clubs, as otherwise they’ll play funnybuggers with the talented kids to hide them. Which then means where do the seconds play?

So, some issues with the idea:

• Why would kids from NT/Qld/NSW move states to maybe get paid $20k a year playing AFL, rather than playing other sports and staying in their home state?
  • With kids spread all over the country, with at least 40 clubs across the three strongest state leagues, how much inconsistency will we get with development and injury management?
  • How much does it impact players development that they have to also focus on building a non-sporting career option, whether study or work?
  • We know a big thing with AFL now days is systems - what happens when kids miss out on 3 years of development with those systems? Does it become pot luck if you’re in the right team in the right state league?
  • Many of these kids are currently in AFL teams’ best 22. Removing them effectively reduces the quality of the AFL even further.
  • If the alignment between AFL and state clubs is disolved, where do AFL team’s seconds’ players go to play? How will not be being able to teach systems at seconds level impact the quality at AFL level?
  • If state clubs are unaligned from AFL clubs, and want to win the league, what does that mean for kids actually getting a go?

At the moment I go to watch Essendon in the VFL to see what we’ve got coming through. I wouldn’t bother if they didn’t exist and players weren’t ours. So this would be at least one spectator who would go to less games under this plan.

2 Likes

I think you should go to a TAC cup game over here - in person - if you reckon there’s crowds gagging to watch the elite kids play.

The crowds are in the hundreds.

Take out alignments, and the VFL would be williamstown playing port 20x times a season.

1 Like

I just started trying to rank players already for next year, Jesus why do I do this!

1 Like

When will you be updating your order for this year?

after he makes his list of next year because ‘NEXT YEARS DRAFT IS ALWAYS BETTER’

2 Likes

2019 Super Draft

I always update it at the start of every month, don’t expect much changes although I may swap West and Hately around.

I prefer the top end talent this year but I think the depth looks better next year, I currently have 27 players from the TAC that look very draftable. Interstate players are harder to rate but most do make an impact in their bottom age year much like Lukosius, Rankine, Hately and Rozee did last year.

For what it’s worth, he was told last year that Geelong made the decision an hour before the draft that they would draft crameri over him with pick 16 in the rookie draft. So to me he’d be that solid build third tall target forward. Clean hands, a nice field kick and set shot. Average speed, but not great agility. Heading off to the rookie me combine I think

https://www.facebook.com/FutureStarsTV/videos/218086702392333/

Sam Walsh is Josh Kelly Version 2, he managed 37 disposals on the weekend In what was described as his best game of the year

1 Like

nowhere near the kicking power of kelly imo. which is what makes kelly, kelly.

I disagree, I think he is one of the better kicks in the draft actually