Tac/u18 Thread

Another player close to my top 50 especially after watching more vision is Tyrone Smallwood, I joked about his name a few months ago but looking at him again I can see some elite traits. National combine invite so he is a huge chance to be drafted

We only just finished dealing with the Woodcock situation, and now there’s a Smallwood?

3 Likes

Woodn’t it be great if we could get them both.

1 Like

Would be stiff to choose between the two

7 Likes

They might have a lot of interest, so it would be a hard ask to get both in the draft.

Who has better penetration?

1 Like

Riley Bice as a late pick, Don1?

Has a lovely kick on him. Doesn’t get enough of the ball to show it. Rookie pick imo

I haven’t got invested in this draft yet as I think we will trade away our high picks.
But I better start listening to road to the draft podcast I think.

1 Like

Collier-Dawkins hitting some form at the perfect time, he was exciting as hell today and one of my favourites from this draft for potential.

3 Likes

already set my heart on rozee

1 Like

Will be long gone

dodoro always finds a way to get his hbfs to essendon.

He’s been my pick from a long way back. He needs to cool his jets and take a holiday draft camp time to ensure we have a chance to get him.

1 Like

Rozee copped a heavy knock early and didn’t get as much of it as usual but absolute class. Wilkie BOG for me and Woodcock also pretty good. North came from 47 points down in the third quarter to kick 12 of the next 13 goals and win by 5 points

Another 2 guys I spoke to today referred to Hately as the next Jobe and perfect for us.
If he is 1/2 as good as Jobe we would get a beauty.

6 Likes

The more I read here the more I’m convinced we grab Gaff as FA, and hit the draft with pick 8 (or whatever it ends up being)

People need to keep in mind we hopefully get Daniher back next year and Fantasia hopefully plays more than 13 games

Add in natural improvement from guys like Parish, Langford, McGrath, Redman, Stringer (building his tank), Francis and hopefully Ridley and I think we would be more than capable of taking it up to most teams.

That’s not even taking into account Gleeson and Begley who missed all of last season bar a few games for Fridge.

I would however swap our first round pick with GWS if it got us Setterfield (granted it would be more to the trade than just that)

5 Likes

Road to the Draft - Connor Rozee, Michael Gibbons AFL chances

Mathew Lloyd - younger Brother of Jake Lloyd from the sons - one to watch.

Connor Rozee 24 disposlas 10 marks 4 rebound 50’s playing half back for North Adelaide. Good performance in a final. Best senior game/consistent game in the seniors. Throughout year played half forward and some midfield time. Strengths is versatility to play multiple positions. If he got to choose would be a midfielder,
Laid back from the country. Grew up in Port Augusta 3 Hours North of Adelaide. Moved up when he was 13 originally for cricket and schooling, sister was coming to last year of schooling.
Dad had lived in country most of life so big transition.
Has been playing at North Adelaide since Under 13’s and coming into seniors now.
Has already moved from the country to the city, so should be ok moving interstate
He would be ready to move anywhere. WOuld be awesome to stay home but would be happy to move anywhere in Australia. Close mates with jack Lukoscious - met in under 12’s state cricket.
Favourite Karioke song of choice is Dancing in the moonlight.

Michael Gibbons won VFL B&F (Joint with Miles Tigers) only 23, runner up last year, won it year before that - is he a prospect recruiters are looking at. - Possibly hes in the mature age/vfl group of players on the Radar.
Gold coast gets first access to them - Carlton and Brisbane are applying for that as well.
Other clubs are submit applications for access as well based on consistent poor performance.

Listener Questions
If Gold Coast end up with picks 2&3 should they go for the king twins so they might stay?
makes sense to consider it. Need to think about retention.
Connor & Jack Lucoscious good mates another option.

Best Pick at pick7/8 Bulldogs given suns get compo.
Rozee, Hately, Caldwell, obvious picks

What type of player Port Adelaide to pick?
Say get 9&10 if get Norths first. Keep them and hope Rozee or Hately get through.
Rumours about Wingard not going away either.

What positions are clubs looking for? Most Valuable draftee ideal candidate?
Degoey type - a good mid/ forward type

If you were SOS who would you take pick 1 - Sam Walsh Midfielder (future captain).

Who do dons take if super 7 are gone?
Rozee, Jai Caldwell - one might be there.

Who are the small forward machines? Chase Jones, Luke English, Irving Mosquito

North still keen for Tarryn Thomas or have they gone cold?
North will still take him, but dont expect a bid in the top 12.

Where do you expect Ian Hill to be drafted?
Probably outside the first dozen, somewhere around 15-16 mark, Hawthorn maybe.

Ian Hill has slipped a bit throughout the year, I’d still consider him at our pick 9/10.

Classy outside runner, very much a Hill cousin.

Interrupted preseason due to a shoulder issue and has had it worked on again recently.