Tac/u18 Thread

Seems to be no discussion on Bailey Smith. Is he any chance to slide to our pick if we were to keep it?

Slim to none, unfortunately

Would probably be one of two reasons why geelong are reportedly trying to get up the draft order. Either he or one of the King boys imo.

Won’t get past saints

The way St Kilda are talking up recruiting, their first pick will be in the 130’s.

1 Like

Watching 5 mins of that video that Matt walker for murray No.9 looks and moves like Cripps.
Any news on him or am i seeing things

looks a rookie pick at best, plays mostly forward and his midfield game to me has only been ok and usually plays well In the middle against weaker opposition.

My money is on Rozee this draft.

1 Like

Inconsistent half forward, English parent or parents from memory not from a pure AFL background (soccer player). Knock is on attitude, consistency and urgency.

A nice view for the TAC grand final

1 Like

That kid Ross for Oakleigh is quite the junior player. Where’s he projected Don?

If he doesn’t make it as a player, I see a future for him in administration.

6 Likes

Got a state combine invite so looking 50+

I really like him and he would be good value late

Man child type, Mitch Hallahan clone for mine. Lacks explosiveness and spread and penetration, although hard it. Ok hands in tight without being elite. Downgrade on Worpel from last year. Good leader.

1 Like

Don1 , if you’re interested , GV league final is being streamed tomorrow on Shepparton News site. Few youngies playing including Lachie Ash. Always good to see them playing against grown men.

Ps… Just heard Lachie may not play as he has been selected for the NAB Futures game on Grand Final Day.

So I am behind the 8 ball this year on draft prospects but Hately and Rozee look excellent prospects.

Hately is a good kick and has excellent stoppage craft.

Rozee has good pace and a bit of Orazio about the way he moves. His highlights from his SANFL semi across half back are very impressive.

I wouldn’t be dissapointed if we took a long term approach and drafted hard. Take one at 8 (which will probably be 10) and if another is still there around 11-14 try and swap next year’s first and a couple second rounders to double down on them using the live pick trading. They look very promising.

Collier Dawkins looks interesting.
Bailey Smith looks a jet - where will he go? Looks perfect for Saints or Suns.

This years draft is crap beyond the first round, in fact it drops markedly away after pick 10. The last thing I’d be doing is to swap next years pick.

Hately lacks football IQ, but has some tools.
Rozee is a classic high impact low possession type with massive upside given his body type. Love his ability without the ball and would like to think he do everything that Baguley does, but with the ability to be a match winner.
Collier Dawkins is NQR. Poor kick, lacks consistent production, not a natural mover like the Bont. First few steps out of a stopppage are super quick though and has good hands. For mine lacks balance and lateral movement to impact that the Bont had as a kid. Probably becomes a star.

Smith is a contested bull. Explosive with the ability to play half back and in the middle. Plays round 1 next year. Couldn’t hit the side of a barn coming off half back for Australia earlier in the year though but elite in the contest and is seriously combative.athlete first, footballer second. Judd like at times. Question his genuine football IQ, stoppage craft but has physical tools and competitIveness to be a star. Makes Parish and Smith look like shrinking violets. Serious swagger.

2 Likes

Thanks for the rundown @Scorch . For some reason I was under the impression this draft was a superdraft that batted deep?

For those in the know like yourself and @Humble_Minion where would Will Setterfield sit in this draft class looking purely at his underage performance?

Also, if we stay at 8 (or 10 after priority picks etc) what are our best options?

Not sure I’ll get a chance to watch it, hopefully it find some it’s way to YouTube