Tac/u18 Thread

What, a player who retires due to battling mental health issues?

I guess. A pretty long bow to draw from that draft profile though.

Apologies. Didnā€™t know that. Just thought he sounded like a bunch of ā€œbigā€ KPPs who didnā€™t make it.

Takes a ripper mark near the end

Bring him in. I know nothing about him but that surname!

Smooth mover for a big man. Hard at contest, nice kick

We could give him a go. Let him train with us and if he doesnā€™t cut it then itā€™s Donā€™t Come Munnday.

Lacks consistent application and question marks over his desire for the game, on talent is up there with the best in this draft though.

1 Like

Just a reminder you can watch the under 17 futures game at 10am on the AFL app

3 Likes

What a name on the lad.

Carlton trading mature age recruits to Suns for picks seems a likely strategy.

Yep.
Carlton are in talks with the Suns about a possible swap of two mature agers for their pick 17

Seems Carlton are trying to replicate the GWS list through stacking as many draft picks as possible.

Keep an eye on Mcasey in the early game (Very good mover and lead up forward type gun), Bianco (classy midfielder), Rowell (Selwood clone), Charlie Dean (Jonathan Browns like). Darcy Chirgwin (Mid forward), Josh Worrell (rangy left footer) Kemp (Degoey), and Noah Anderson (setterfield),

I know of all these players :wink:

Itā€™s the interstate players Iā€™m most interested in watching, about 7 players I havenā€™t watched so I have my eyes on them

I think their perfect off season would be:

• two mature agers for GCā€™s pick 17
  • picks 24&25 to Sydney for pick 13

They then use 17 on McGovern, bundle up 13 and next years first for Shiel and possibly Setterfield and still keep pick 1 for Walsh.
Hopefully their plans come crashing down to earth and no one wants to go there

1 Like

PC link http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-29/watch-it-live-2018-nab-afl-all-stars-game

Suns are already getting 3 from the AFL. Why would they want more?

Who on earth would they give away to get pick 17 backā€¦ Thereā€™s an emerging idea that you load weak teams up with a volume of experienced campaigners with the intention to get a good return at the draft table. On that basis weā€™ll trade Dea, Colyer, Leuenberger, Myers for pick 1. Am I doing this right? Weā€™ve given them a ruck, inside and outside ability and a defender. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be super appreciative!

Or theyā€™re trying to replicate the Suns list through stacking as many draft picks as possible.

These strategies go two ways.

1 Like

Suns might feel they have enough early picks and need some mature bodies in there. Carlton are getting 2 mature age state league players and Gold Coast are getting 3. There has been some talk of Carlton and the Suns coming to some sort of agreement where the Suns hand over pick 17 and in return Carlton on trade the two mature agers. Could also be some later picks involved but that would give the Suns access to the 5 best mature age State league players in the land so Collins, Pickett, Grigg, Hind etc.