Taking it four VFL finals at a time

I know you guys are talking hypothetically but there is zero chance we would ever consider playing Hurls in the VFL. Zero!

1 Like

Why not if it was for match fitness?

1 Like

What clubs nearly almost do these days with their top top talent is never put them in the 2’s. They will give them a match simulation weekend to check they are ready.

My mate works for WCE and they would just about NEVER play Natanui in the WAFL, he would go straight in match simulation.

If Hurley played 2’s, got injured, and missed finals Woosha and the match committee should be sacked. Seriously.

Secondary the this

Also given that it’s VFL finals you don’t want to mess with team dynamics by playing a AA CHB for one week who gets 30 touches. But then if you only play him a half you impact the team as well.

Hmm. They may be infinitely superior to their AFL counterparts, but it seems the VFL callers also talk rubbish.

Good for us if we meet Box Hill again!

1 Like

So with Hurley missing this week, I would have thoughts the odds of him playing a VFL final next week (at least half a game) have gone up. Not sure how high those probabilities are though, just that its higher. If he was close this week, would we want him to have some match fitness before finals? He will have missed three weekends in between.

And yes, I’m proposing the clubs would risk their VFL finals prospects for the AFL ones by giving Hurley a half game. It sucks, but AFL is the priority.

I think with a calf, they would be happier to let him rest it longer, rather than play a half in the VFL.

Huh?

Don’t you have to play a certain number of VFL games before you can play finals?

Not if both Senior & VFL teams are in finals according to some posts a week or so ago.

And you’ve missed the week before in the AFL. Which Hurley will have.

Not a clue on the injury management side.

1 Like

Hurley can’t play VFL.

Too many AFL games. No VFL games.

FFS people, can no one read?

(I) DESPITE ANY OTHER PROVISION IN RULE 20, IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE:

(I) AN AFL CLUB IS PARTICIPATING IN THE AFL FINALS SERIES, BUT IS NOT PLAYING ON THE WEEKEND OF THE AFL BYE WEEKEND AFTER THE FINAL ROUND OF THE AFL HOME AND AWAY SEASON; AND

(II) THE AFL CLUB’S VFL TEAM IS PLAYING ON THAT WEEKEND,

ANY AFL LISTED PLAYER WHO DID NOT PLAY IN THE AFL CLUB’S AFL TEAM IN THE FINAL ROUND OF THE AFL HOME AND AWAY SEASON WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THE CLUB’S VFL TEAM IN THE AFL BYE ROUND AFTER THE FINAL ROUND OF THE AFL HOME AND AWAY SEASON.

6 Likes

so vfl final for us next weekend?

Yep, at Port Melbourne unless we sneak into the top 4.

3 Likes

Radio DJR would be pretty useless if we couldn’t read.

Just keep providing for our needs mate, we appreciate it.

1 Like

Yes. We’re two wins and 34% ahead of ninth place, with one game to go.

In the unlikely case that both Casey and Richmond lose, we can finish fourth.

1 Like

Thanks gents. Mrs close wants me to go to the rat next weekend. You just saved me.

Collingwood lost this morning so Fark Northern a chance to get in

Going waaaaaaay out there: if the Dawks lose to Fark Northern, and therefore Port get a home final: does that mean fifth gets a home final because the Port oval won’t host three games on a weekend?

2 Likes

Barring upsets we have Footscray next week

I hope Werribee upsets Casey and we play Werribee. Know someone who plays for them that I’d love to stir.