Talking Footy

Tonight I have watched 360, On the Couch, Footy Classified and Talking Footy.

Talking Footy easily te best show tonight. Bruce is OK, Darcy is good and Tim and Duck were very good.

Interested to now what others think!

I watched 360 when Bomber was on and Talking Footy. It’s a good show. Tim is so good.

Talking Footy easily te best show tonight. Bruce is OK, Darcy is good and Tim and Duck were very good.

The difference that having no journo's on the panel makes is huge

No bullshit, no agendas, no smear campaigns, no hate. 

The 4 blokes on the TF panel were doing exactly that, talking footy. 

Exactly as it should be. 

Love seeing the King back speaking his mind.

Champion - and that’s hard to say considering he played for North.

The difference between Talking Footy and Footy Classified is amazing. Although if Vlad is meant to be a regular I may have to avoid it.

Really can’t stand watching footy classified anymore with all the remarks from Caroline Wilson these days all she does is make me really angry and upset.

Definitely less lynch mobby than their channel 9 counterparts.  Seems a better show than Footy Classified and On the Couch.  Too bad Vlad will be a part of it in future.

If Talking Footy was telecast at the same time as FC all year, FC would be axed within a month.

would like to see Grant Thomas get a gig somewhere, one of the few that is not afraid of the AFL or Demetrio.

I think Footy Classified was a much better show when Grant Thomas was on it. Right now it’s kinda like Jerry Springer meets World of Sport and its simply awful television.

If Talking Footy was telecast at the same time as FC all year, FC would be axed within a month.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Carey is straight forward and has good insights into the game. The panel on TF is well balanced and it helps not having a journo repeating rumours from other journos that aren’t objective or balanced.

The difference that having no journo's on the panel makes is huge

No bullshit, no agendas, no smear campaigns, no hate. 

The 4 blokes on the TF panel were doing exactly that, talking footy. 

Exactly as it should be. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Caro, Robbo, Shehan and the like can't talk and analyse a game of footy.  Their bread & butter is always off-field crap, so it came naturally that ex-players would talk actual football - with Bruce's knowledge providing neat links and segways between topics.

I think AD was in the hearing that’s why he couldn’t make it.

Would have been interesting if he Vlad was on the show. I am sure Bruce's attitude would have been very different. He would have been sucking Vlad's nuts from the start.

Carey and Watson would not have changed their stance.

It was good to be able to watch a footy show without the Hird and Essendon bashing.

It was refreshing to hear real experts talking about the game. That is Tim and Carey. Was unsure about Carey given his checkered past but when he is speaking about the game he makes a lot of sense. Darcy was surprisingly good too. No cliches and bullshit that he usually goes on with in game telecasts. The fact that BT was nowhere to be seen allowed luke to be himself and I was impressed.

Pretty easy to work out where Duck  sits with all the EFC stuff. Think he actually hates Caro more than Sammy or Tim or maybe even me. 

I know I am biased, but Talking Footy was balanced on the whole drama, and they actually made sense of it as well.

Yeah, Talking Footy was the best of the 3, and the Bomber segment of 360 was also great. Watched some of FC, and turned it off after watching Caro's hard luck story.

I thought Bomber was sensational and to appear given the day that he had had was very commendable.

Not sure whether others picked up on it but Wilson said on FC that she was disappointed that Tim chose to speak about their one sided phone conversation on SEN.

Given her reporting of this issue since Feb that comment staggered me.

TF was always the superior program in the pre Fox Footy days and it's good to hear that it's still focussed on intelligent footy talk.  No co-incidendence that the program has generally been journo free.

Have never been keen on Carey as a commentator but I take on board the positive comments made by other posters. Didn't watch last night (general media ban in place) but may now reassess.

*won't watch if AD is involved