Team for the Cripple fight V Dees

Bookmark this for when Gawn has 174 hitouts and kicks 4

1 Like

Luey took Gawn to the cleaners in the 2016 upset vs the Dees

Think Hartley is a bit stiff, thought he was far from the worst. Was with neutrals who even remarked that he was decent.
Baguely, Daniher, and even McGrath are very lucky, yes McGrath will be a gun but setting the tone for minimum standards seems so necessary right now. Tippa probably saved by no equivalent replacement.
Langford and Clarke, at the least, very unlucky, form is not being rewarded there.

2 Likes

Gawn and Grundy probably the top two ruckmen on form - one was always going to run amok, if we had rested Belly last week, you probably would’ve made the same comment.

Although Lueuey has done some OK jobs on the guns

Whilst I agree Mutch was a lock for Rd 1 from what I understand and only came back through vfl due to injury

I still expect late change or two.

Onya Kobe.

I’m saying rest him next week.

Leuey will get absolutely annilihated

The 4 day turn around is the critical factor. Rest him or break him.

1 Like

Have we actually named Baguely up forward?! The actual ■■■■?

Yeah I understand this, that’s true. It’s just annoying that’s all

Surely Langford was first cab off the rank and Clarke in the best VFL form so they both come in? Hmmmmm

Really wonder what those in power at the club are smoking.

Luey is the one that I can understand!

1 Like

Wow - Melbourne have brought in McDonald and Lewis. But they’ve actually dropped Garlett.

Garlett, Petracca and Watts smashed us last year.

CLARKE IS ROBBED

Hard to please some.

Changes had to be made and they have…and a youngster debuting.
It’s what fans want yet most here don’t seem happy?

FWIW I don’t see the issue in Bags and McNiece playing, it’s opposition small/mids that do scoreboard damage to us more so than height. So don’t see the issue in both playing. (Despite Bags poor form)

Good luck to Kobe it’s a deserved call up, should of snuck a game last year.

4 Likes

Different sorts of mids - Clarke has high endurance but his lack of pinpoint kicking probably means you’re only playing him inside (although we’ve played Colyer on the wing plenty in the past and his field kicking is only average to below average for that role), Mutch can genuinely play both, we seem to have mainly used him off a wing at VFL level but he has proven to be good inside as well during his U18 year.

It looks like they think they need another outside player rather than another inside player and not picking Langford either, seems to support that theory.

Of potential note, Begley started the Anzac Game on the wing before Guelfi replaced him there after injury.

2 Likes

Some won’t be happy until the VFL listed players are named.

Perderson not playing? That bloke killed us last season.

1 Like

No, this time they’ll have an actual ruckman. God save us all.

1 Like