Team vs Carlton Round 20

Who is doing that? I can’t see a single post above with anyone defending it. A few people trying to come up with a logical reason why we might have done it, but I don’t think any of them are really defending it.

Wait until Ice Temple and Deckham log on

5 Likes

Instead of a 5 word rant il try and explain. Whether I’m right or wrong, whatever, it’s just my opinion

Colyer, has done very, very little to demand a game for quite some time. I can kind of give him a little leeway because at his best he’s very good. But he has been very poor for a numerous amount of weeks, and guys like hocking/Stanton were dropped after 1 or two poor games. It doesn’t make sense. Yeah I know their different roles but trav has actually been poor in his role and his disposal is hurting us. Surely green/McKenna/McGrath/fantasia/tippa could play the same role?

Myers has been deadset garbage for pretty much most of his games this year and continues to be selected. Why? I don’t think I’m alone in thinking there isn’t a thing he does better than bird. For me, that is the biggest no brainer change.

Howlett is mind boggling. How many times do we need to bring him in, for him to be dropped again after a mid teens disposal count and no influence? He will be gone at the end of the year. Give him a game in the last two, or just against freo if we want to give him a farewell game. He’s hardly been banging the door down in the vfl and this is just ALL too familiar bringing in a guy like him for the same results EVERY time. Mutch? Begley? Bird? Try something different woosha instead of a method that’s been tried before and failed. Poor selection for mine. A bloke who’s 29 isn’t gonna suddenly turn into the answer. Give a fkn kid a go

We’ll probably beat Carlton, but the selections do not make sense

14 Likes

What’s the message this week?

Well guys our finals spot is on the line (again/still) and so I really need the senior guys to lift (again) and show they deserve a spot in this team (again) and earn a new contract next year (again) and execute the game plan (please, again).

Green and Ambrose are easy selections.

Howlett is surprising. Potentially to tag? Stop Gibbs and Docherty and they are cooked.

Wouldn’t have been the changes I’d have made but not the worst I’ve seen.

1 Like

lol

2 Likes

You know bird and howlett are both 28 right? So absolutely fine for bird to come in but ohhh nooo not howlett, he’s too old, too slow, play the kids bla bla…
Ill back the coaches in on this one as they must have a strategy which they think howlett will better at instead of bird, langford, mutch etc.
Langford has the intensity of a pea so happy for him to work on that in the 2s. I like mutch but this is an absolute must win game so they prob deemed it too much of a risk.
Seems pretty resonable to me

21 Likes

In the wet on the big MCG against the scum is no place for the faint hearted, and say what you like we must always assume that these prricks will rise especially for us.
Forget Adelaide forget next year forget the bookies margin we are given; right now the best thing for EFC is to make finals this year. We must win this game and I think the selectors are being cautious.
Howlett will give his all and go alright in those conditions and finally we have selected a hard tag player, for either Gibbs or Murphy.

6 Likes

people crapped on about this sorta ■■■■ last time around . oh we need big bodied players in the wet, blah blah blah.
brought in hocking for said reason.

got creamed in the hard stuff plus clearences anyway by a ■■■■■■■ bunch of less experienced skinnier bunch of kids.

we need smart players in the wet, not dumb bigger bodied players.

5 Likes

Worsfold is making the same errors as Ross Lyon…continually leaving out young players for old ones…he plays it too safe like his game day coaching. To only debut 2 guys for the season is a lost opportunity…even Richmond who are 4th have blooded 4 onto 5…it says a lot about his philosophy.

3 Likes

A must win game blah blah blah blah what a crock of ■■■■. A must win game for who !!!@ and why. Develop a business, develop a culture and look no further than Carlton north haw freo and dogs.

But its a must win game isnt it

It’s an indictment on our list that we don’t really have anyone anyone (outside Andy McGrath) who could put pressure on his spot.
And a big reason why I think those calling for us to exclusively draft clearance players are waaaay off base

We’ve lost Stanton, Zaha has been moved to a legit on ball role and Colyer has been stinky all year. Only Redman and Mutch look like being outside mids, neither look all that convincing or quick.
We badly need to target outside pace.

1 Like

Just on the weather, it seems the forecast for Saturday is mostly fine during the afternoon, rain in morning and clearing. With more rain coming in the evening. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Thought Woosh was the perfect guy for last year but this year gets more puzzling by the week.

It was clear after the first game against Carlton this mob as selected weren’t playing finals. Give it up already.

7 Likes

Not happy with Howlett! The only justification for him is to try and pump his trade value by playing him.

Its a must win game for us, the bombers, to keep our finals hopes alive. Fmd

I honestly have no idea what his long term visions are for this team. Seems the whole year has been about success NOW.

This season is shaping up to be a absolute disaster

we have had only 2 guys make their debut. Feels like we have taken a step back this year

1 Like

They know that some spud will be tearing us a new one so they are getting as many as they can into their team.

5 Likes

“Hey Woosh, you know that guy you brought in, the highly rated Laverde? Well you’re playing him as a tall, not a mid? Behind Joe, Cale and Stewart? Well he didn’t take heaps of leading grabs and goals.”

Woosh:

DROP HIM.

2 Likes

We were about success now since 2013. hasn’t worked since.