TEAM VS Freo announced

I think Mutch is a good chance to make the squad, Parish and Green are locks but the other two spots are up for grabs and he has good form

Please Mutch and Stewart. Theyve been awesome in the 2ā€™s

2 Likes

Think selection has been pretty ordinary this year, and I think resting Watson this week is pretty much they should have rested him last week - which would be right.

I know others disagree, but I think Tbell very unlucky. Looney has a good record against Sandilands so fair play, but Iā€™d take a fit and firing Belly over Looney because heā€™s much more use around the ground, and up forward. With a good run this week would have expected him to improve more this.

Stewy would be gutted to miss out this week. Reckon we play him to see how he goes. From what Iā€™ve seen he leads the best out of all our forwards. Brings smalls into it either over back in space or at the fall. Fingers crossed Stew

1 Like

I call BS on resting McGrath. Itā€™s either because of his collision with the sign, or he has pulled up with general soreness (which I guess could be interpreted as rested). He looked like one of the few that ran out the game well last week, and has been one of the joys of the season.

Similarly I call BS on resting McNiece. Heā€™s 25 years old and has played two games. Why would he need a rest?

I like sticking with the one ruckman, and believe Leuey is the #1 ruck.

Sad that Brown is out. I feel that he has played well, but was playing injured from the 1st quarter last week. Hartley gets another chance after being spanked by that Brisbane kid, and pretty much everyone thinks he should be the better player anyway.

If theyā€™ve named them in order it means Conor is out. Fair enough after a nightmare 3 quarters last week, but must admit Iā€™d hoped that his final quarter efforts had saved him. If it was me Iā€™d have Stewart, Stanton, Howlett as the 3 emergencies.

I do still think we have too many average half back flankers in that side.

Absolutely delighted that Mutch has been named, and hope that he plays.

Hoping for a much better everything this week.

1 Like

Mcniece didnā€™t really get to involved in competitive training this morning

Eel, frang, hoof

Fap Fap Fap

1 Like

VFL squad has no Green, McKenna or Parish.

So last bench spot as well as travelling emergency to come from: Stewart, Howlett, Stanton & Mutch

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I would think the five named on the ground replace the five going out, no more than that, and those last three would all but confirm it. Howlett the last spot on the bench.

Should have persisted with TBell. Sandi going to win the ruck regardless, may as well capitalise on the strengths TBell does have - can mark and kick a goal. That said, if attitude not right, and only the coaching staff can tell that, then sending a msg that his first half effort last wk wonā€™t be tolerated, is a good argument for dropping him.

Yeah Iā€™d say itā€™s Howlett staying in. Mutch or Stants travelling emergency. Probably the latter as theyā€™d rather Kobe keep getting game time.

But then again maybe Mutch debuts, Howlett emergency and can see his family.

(rested) is one of many really dumb things about football today. wtf is wrong with saying omitted?

1 Like

Good to see Mutch in the mix. Canā€™t be far off.

They arenā€™t picked for VFL side so are being rested

Aka soreness/niggle/knock

1 Like

Side actually looks reasonably well balanced. Weā€™ll win.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have any of the squad over Howlett. Has provided nothing in his first 2 games.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t seen the game but I heard during the week someone describe T Bellchambersā€™ effort against Melbourne as being reminiscent of Richard ā€œThe Human Treeā€ Lounder. Thatā€™s about as hurtful as sledge as it gets.

2 Likes

He was utterly pathetic in the first half, 1 possession to half time and unable to keep up with his man. Got busier in the second half.

Hard to judge tap work from the outer, but didnā€™t seem to have the influence he should have.

Luey is our best ruckman by a country mile.

2 Likes

Kind way of saying" your not up to it jobe" he would want to prove his worth next week as an auto in or it could be curtain for our champ as can not see him playing the year out in ressies.

Heā€™ll need to adjust quickly to the 2017 style of play otherwise he may need to make alternative arrangements for next year and beyond.