Terrorist attack, Christchurch NZ

I came across that earlier fairly randomly, and it stirred up some very real emotions. Especially the contrast between the Haka and the very stark silence and awkwardness when it’s finished

Possible terrorist incident underway in the Netherlands.

■■■■■■ terrible to hear from my homeland.

Hopefully there are no more casualties, and those injuried make a full recovery.

1 Like

Chelsea Clinton’s comments jumped onto a right-wing bandwagon, vilifying Ilhan Omar (for comments that WEREN’T anti-Semitic), fed into the exact discourse that people at this particular vigil were there to protest against.

That girl had every right to admonish Clinton.

Ilhan Omar was anti-semitic, I read the comments and they played on trope stereotypes, which Omar apologised for after being told off.

Clinton also DID NOT deserve to be attacked at a memorial for NZ slain people. Pull your head in.

9 Likes

Watching q&a last night, the consensus from MP Linda Reynolds was ‘it’s a time of mourning, not a time to play politics’.

How about No. It’s not for the Liberal party to make this decision.

The Australian Muslim community leaders, while in mourning of the shooting, brought this discussion to the forefront. They want this to be an opportunity to talk about the political and society treatment of their people. They have warned the government of the rise of right wing extremists, and the Government’s policies and values have enforced this radicalisation.

Now the LNP are trying to dodge the hypocrisy they have created by trying to shut down any type of personal, political or societal reflection of the people who are the victims in this.

2 Likes

I guess Ilhan Omar is on the ‘right-wing bandwagon’, with her thoughts on jewish people. It appears to be a pretty big farking bandwagon.

Rep. Omar apologised because she effectively was forced to by the leader of her Party (Pelosi). I will quote Rep. Omar verbatim now.

“I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country”

“I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee."

Notice that she didn’t say or even imply anything at all about Jews. This whole kerfuffle over Omar’s comments has been orchestrated to crush dissent of Israel and its policies towards Palestinians.

Back to Chelsea Clinton - come on man, her freaking mother was one of the chief architects of the destruction of Libya and a staunch supporter of military intervention in Syria/Iran. She then had the gall to pile on Ilhan on Twitter which has caused her to receive an assortment of death threats. She had no business being there, when her family’s rhetoric has been one of the key drivers of Islamophobia.

The Clintons and their ilk can ■■■■ off.

It’s not anti-Semitic to criticise Israel and it’s policies, although you already knew this…or not

She made offensive tweets, that if anyone else made, they would be criticised for.

Clinton tweeted:

“Would love to know who @IlhanMN thinks is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, though I think I can guess. Bad form, Congresswoman. That’s the second anti-Semitic trope you’ve tweeted.”

You think that’s Right-wing?

I think all this stuff, for whatever it’s worth, is probably better placed in the US politics thread.

5 Likes

Was referring to this tweet

Does Clinton think she’s more American than Ms. Omar?

Agreed @Henry_s_Angry_Pills, won’t be making any more comments on Ihan Omar controversy.

Even David Duke was in support of what Omar said.

It’s fine if you disagree with what Chelsea tweeted, but she isn’t ‘Right-wing’ for being against anti-semitic comments. When you use ‘Right-wing’ for everything, you lose any sense of what the term actually means.

I’m done talking about it too.

1 Like

We could probably dump the thought that Left-wing means nice and cuddly and empathetic too.

Too many arseholes on both sides of the coin.

2 Likes

That would make for some interesting currency.

The same could be said of “Pro Israel lobby group probably funded by O/S interests” being anti-semitism.

If it was a pro Iran or Russia or China lobby group, I don’t think anyone would have any issue with the insinuation.

Also from what i’ve read of C Clinton’s politics, yes she is right wing by the standards of everywhere except the US.

The way this country is heading. NZ might be a good place to move to in the future.

1 Like

They’ve had 4 prime ministers over the last 20 years of which 2 were/ are outstanding.

We’ve had 5 in the last 9 years of which none have been any good.

2 Likes

Edited for accuracy

So tell Mackster; who since 1998 has been outstanding.

• John Howard
  • Kevin Rudd
  • Julia Gillard
  • Kevin Rudd
  • Tony Abbott
  • Malcolm Turnbull
  • Scott Morrison

My pick as best would be Julia, not sure who could be called outstanding, unless you mean Howard and Abbott as outstanding C***S.

3 Likes