Tesla just changed everything

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

I keep wishfully thinking that the thread title is “Telstra just changed everything” and think to myself “Yes, the share price has finally risen above $7.40”

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

I keep wishfully thinking that the thread title is “Telstra just changed everything” and think to myself “Yes, the share price has finally risen above $7.40”

Im waiting for it to fall to $5 so can buy some more.

http://capx.co/168666-2/ One of America’s biggest solar companies, SolarCity announced last week that it would slash at least 550 jobs within Nevada, following its December decision to suspend solar-panel sales and installations within the state.

Interesting to that Musk (who is worth 13B) has received 4.9B in assorted subsidies from taxpayers.

US $4,900,000,000. Gee if he gets a few more subsidies it could add up to quite a few dollars. What does that mean off the price of each car sold, about us$49,000 ? All this for a car that does 250 miles as long as you don’t run the heater, lights, or stereo.The next De Lorean.

Ignorant.

Worryingly so.

http://capx.co/168666-2/ One of America’s biggest solar companies, SolarCity announced last week that it would slash at least 550 jobs within Nevada, following its December decision to suspend solar-panel sales and installations within the state.

Interesting to that Musk (who is worth 13B) has received 4.9B in assorted subsidies from taxpayers.

US $4,900,000,000. Gee if he gets a few more subsidies it could add up to quite a few dollars. What does that mean off the price of each car sold, about us$49,000 ? All this for a car that does 250 miles as long as you don’t run the heater, lights, or stereo.The next De Lorean.

Ignorant.

Worryingly so.

Don’t Worry , Be happy. If you can’t be happy , be Reboot.

Been wanting to start this discussion for a while.

Put simply, they are awesome. I have taken a Model S for a test drive, was one of the best experiences of my life. I have heard it described as “like when someone gave you the iPhone for the first time. Except if they had have done it in 1985.” That’s the best explanation of the Tesla experience I can think of.

For those not in the know, they have 2 and a half cars at the moment so to speak. With a view to completing their stated goal of “accelerating the world’s adoption of sustainable transport” they first released a proof of concept - the Roadster in 2009. A heavily repurposed Lotus Elise, it sold for hundreds of thousands and they only made a small amount of them. Moving onto the Model S in 2012, similar to a Mercedes CLS, their moderate volume, moderately priced (I know…) care has been around for a while and is the one you’d see around if you have seen any zipping through the streets. That’s it other than the Model X, a crossover version of the Model S which has been around for a few months.

Until now. Tomorrow at 11:30am WA time they unveil the Model 3, their attempt at a high volume, reasonably priced mass market Electric Vehicle for the masses. I cannot wait, although they won’t ship until late 2017. My prediction is we won’t see it tomorrow but it will take autonomous driving to a level we hadn’t imagined before, which is saying something considering what they did with the Model S.

Anyone else interested? Any thoughts?

reckon that thread had more use in the pool room than the news forum.

Agreed. In line with Apple’s latest and Everybody else’s latest

Been wanting to start this discussion for a while.

Put simply, they are awesome. I have taken a Model S for a test drive, was one of the best experiences of my life. I have heard it described as “like when someone gave you the iPhone for the first time. Except if they had have done it in 1985.” That’s the best explanation of the Tesla experience I can think of.

For those not in the know, they have 2 and a half cars at the moment so to speak. With a view to completing their stated goal of “accelerating the world’s adoption of sustainable transport” they first released a proof of concept - the Roadster in 2009. A heavily repurposed Lotus Elise, it sold for hundreds of thousands and they only made a small amount of them. Moving onto the Model S in 2012, similar to a Mercedes CLS, their moderate volume, moderately priced (I know…) care has been around for a while and is the one you’d see around if you have seen any zipping through the streets. That’s it other than the Model X, a crossover version of the Model S which has been around for a few months.

Until now. Tomorrow at 11:30am WA time they unveil the Model 3, their attempt at a high volume, reasonably priced mass market Electric Vehicle for the masses. I cannot wait, although they won’t ship until late 2017. My prediction is we won’t see it tomorrow but it will take autonomous driving to a level we hadn’t imagined before, which is saying something considering what they did with the Model S.

Anyone else interested? Any thoughts?

This has been discussed in another thread just a few weeks back … not sure which one …

What price are we talking?

If the wait time is less than that for the Mustang (18 months and climbing) I’ll probably get out of petrol cars now rather than in 3 years.

How many refueling points exist here now? Have the LNP banned them yet for making people sick?

What price are we talking?

If the wait time is less than that for the Mustang (18 months and climbing) I’ll probably get out of petrol cars now rather than in 3 years.

Starting from $45,000. End of 2017 (if there aren’t any delays and there always have been with Tesla).

How many refueling points exist here now? Have the LNP banned them yet for making people sick?

So far, only between Melbourne & Sydney. The roll out is continuing though.

I saw a supercharger station in Brisbane on Monday

I saw a supercharger station in Brisbane on Monday

They need to update their website then.

https://www.teslamotors.com/en_AU/findus#/bounds/-9.2198215,153.6386738,-43.658327,112.9237941?search=supercharger&name=Australia

Edit:; Although they are showing one at Port Maquarie that wasn’t there 2 weeks ago. Seems they are getting on with it then.

http://s10.postimg.org/45ts0ezg9/Capture.jpg

You can get from Melb to Sydney for free on the superchargers. Their plan is to continue up the coast to Cairns. Then I suppose they bridge the gap to Adelaide and finally Perth.

Note, there are wayyyy more non Tesla, non “superchargers” around, for instance you can get from Perth to Margaret River/Dunsborough on the RAC sponsored “Electric Highway”. But the chargers are not free and they are significantly weaker than the Tesla Superchargers so that they can be used by all vehicles so instead of going from ~0 - 90% in 40 minutes it’d take about 3-4 hours to do that which is obviously prohibitive. Also note that trip is just under the distance which most Teslas can do on a charge (and that number is rising, 100kWh battery rumoured in the works).

Anyone else tuned in? I’m so fkg pumped.

Buff…er…in…g

Hmm. it will certainly be a top of it’s class vehicle in its 35k (US) price range, … but I’m not sure on it’s shape really.

Looks like a 1960’s Citroen fcuked a spaceship or something. Have to take a closer look.

And I’m not that impressed with the full glass roof either … that just looks, … and is, kinda weird. Full 5 star ANCAP rating in every category though, so it must be ■■■■■■ ballistic glass??

Looks like a Mazda 3.