Tesla just changed everything

Looks like a Mazda 3.

A friend has a model s. Nifty car, but build quality very American. Nowhere near Mazda standard,

Looks like a Mazda 3.

A friend has a model s. Nifty car, but build quality very American. Nowhere near Mazda standard,

mazda’s latest stuff is very impressive.

Looks like a Mazda 3.

No doubt. But in terms of visual style, it’s its nearest neighbour.

Looks like a Mazda 3.

No doubt. But in terms of visual style, it’s its nearest neighbour.

After watching the Ultimate Factories show on the building of the Model S, … I have to say I doubt it.

Seemed like excellent build quality & quality control.

The mantra was to equal the best euro standards, & they appeared to achieve that.

After watching the Ultimate Facories show on the building of the Model S, .. I have to say I doubt it. Seemed like excellent build quality & quality control.

The mantra was to equal the best euro standards, & they appeared to achieve that.

Well from riding in one, driving one, and knowing someone who owns one, I can tell you it’s nowhere near euro standard. He even says he accepts the mediocre build quality for the rest of the package. which is largely brilliant by the way.

Don’t trust television.

What is it about the build quality that is lacking?

Model 3 looks awesome. I think I’ll preorder one soon.

What is it about the build quality that is lacking?

Model 3 looks awesome. I think I’ll preorder one soon.

External panels are fine. Internally some very average panel fit. Some very low rent (i.e.: low price hatch level) plastics used. Some surfaces that remind you of 1970’s plastic wood veneer type things. Although they have had time to work on it, so you would expect things to have improved since Peter’s was built. And this is not a 100k+ car so expected standards are not quite so high. I would imagine these to be a step up from earlier products. I’d certainly look at one if I wanted a mid sized sedan.

I’m going to say this one more time.

I think it LOOKS like a MAZDA 3.

I am FULLY AWARE that a Mazda 3 and a Tesla are VASTLY DIFFERENT IN CONSTRUCTION QUALITY AND FINISH.

What’s charging the charging stations? Solar or coal?

I'm going to say this one more time.

I think it LOOKS like a MAZDA 3.

I am FULLY AWARE that a Mazda 3 and a Tesla are VASTLY DIFFERENT IN CONSTRUCTION QUALITY AND FINISH.

YES, WE UNDERSTAND THAT.

THE CONVERSATION HAS MOVED ON!

https://teslamotors.com/en_AU/model3

http://s10.postimg.org/drdaa0qgp/Capture.jpg

Road trip from peetos?

gonna die on the Nullarbor.

Road trip from peetos?

How many times have you driven over the Nullarbor?
Road trip from peetos?

Stay in Perth and luxuriate in our glorious lifestyle.

Peeto may even have plenty of room at his place.

Road trip from peetos?

Damn. I was gonna stay at Thurgood Manor

Road trip from peetos?

How many times have you driven over the Nullarbor?

who in their right mind goes west?

To me it looks like a future car!

Road trip from peetos?

Damn. I was gonna stay at Thurgood Manor

Sure - there is plenty of room in the Guest Wing! Do you want the sea view too?

After watching the Ultimate Facories show on the building of the Model S, .. I have to say I doubt it. Seemed like excellent build quality & quality control.

Well from riding in one, driving one, and knowing someone who owns one, I can tell you it’s nowhere near euro standard. He even says he accepts the mediocre build quality for the rest of the package. which is largely brilliant by the way.

Don’t trust television.

So the build is like a mustang. All plastic inside and outside.