Tesla just changed everything

Everything looks good with 20 inch rims.

My toaster doesn’t.

Well over 300k pre ordered now, Albie not one of them

Definitely not one of them ! One thing to order with $1000 deposit, another to have it delivered. By the way ,how many recharge stations do we have in Oz. And do we have to build new power stations to charge all these new b/o cars ? In my ignorance a question I have is how much do you have to spend to upgrade home wiring to charge at home ?

Definitely not one of them ! One thing to order with $1000 deposit, another to have it delivered. By the way ,how many recharge stations do we have in Oz. And do we have to build new power stations to charge all these new b/o cars ? In my ignorance a question I have is how much do you have to spend to upgrade home wiring to charge at home ?

Are you asking seriously?

I could answer those questions seriously but I figure you would here them as saved polar bears will deliver it to your home and it can be charged with love from a bean spout in your back yard.

Are you asking seriously?

I could answer those questions seriously but I figure you would here them as saved polar bears will deliver it to your home and it can be charged with love from a bean spout in your back yard.

I’d be happy to generalise.

• It won't be a car to suit everyone's needs. Just like a farmer won't use a Corvette to work on his farm.
  • Ideally you only would charge it at home. With even a 200km range that would do most peoples daily commutes.
  • The electricity required to make petroleum also requires fuel. It's simply a case of when you do your calculations.
  • With regards to upgrading wiring its only required for the quick charge (1 / 3 hours?), similar to if you were installing an air con or an oven.
  • If you charge it overnight (6-8 hours) you're good to go the next day.

Feel free to watch Kryten explain it to you with mathematics if you prefer. 6 minutes in.

Thanks Kryten

As much as I love him Kryten is Science Fiction. Solar powered electrical sources are real, will be viable within the next 4 years and will be effectively free within ten years without the need for any petroleum. In five years time oil will cost so much more than solar that oil burners will be seen as environmental insensitive retro throwbacks. Betcha!

As much as I love him Kryten is Science Fiction. Solar powered electrical sources are real, will be viable within the next 4 years and will be effectively free within ten years without the need for any petroleum. In five years time oil will cost so much more than solar that oil burners will be seen as environmental insensitive retro throwbacks. Betcha!

You ignore the fact that electric cars run on coal. No power stations ,no go. Good luck charging your Tesla from a solar panel.

You ignore the fact that electric cars run on coal. No power stations ,no go. Good luck charging your Tesla from a solar panel.

You do know that was part of the plan all along, right?

I don’t understand the argument. Based on that we should turn off our computers, shut down our switch boxes and read by candle light. Whether Tesla uses electricity from coal or not, its hardly Teslas fault and says more about this government and its short sighted views on electricity production in the short term and long. You certainly couldn’t use this argument in some of the Scandinavian countries and sounds like a repeated line you’ve read sourced from those opposed to this company. A combination of solar power from your homes and grid based renewables would be a perfect world and something Tesla is trying to push.

Hopefully, this country will finally start shutting down its coal plants and move to renewables like many countries are doing, then vested interests will have to start thinking of other frivolous reason to oppose Tesla. I hear the new Tesla 3 gives puppies full blown aids.

Yep - gotta start transitioning infrastructure at some point. The source of the poser will follow suit down the track.

I don’t understand the argument. Based on that we should turn off our computers, shut down our switch boxes and read by candle light. Whether Tesla uses electricity from coal or not, its hardly Teslas fault and says more about this government and its short sighted views on electricity production in the short term and long. You certainly couldn’t use this argument in some of the Scandinavian countries and sounds like a repeated line you’ve read sourced from those opposed to this company. A combination of solar power from your homes and grid based renewables would be a perfect world and something Tesla is trying to push.

Hopefully, this country will finally start shutting down its coal plants and move to renewables like many countries are doing, then vested interests will have to start thinking of other frivolous reason to oppose Tesla. I hear the new Tesla 3 gives puppies full blown aids.

Only if you have unprotected sex with said puppies*

*I do not endorse sex with puppies, protected or otherwise.

Lol … for reals?? or urine extraction?

JFTR, China is shifting away from coal & into renewables as fast as it can now … eventually, the rest of the world will follow.

Markets will dictate it, as no fossill fuel can compete with free energy.

No Albie doesn’t have the Internet

No Albie doesn’t have the Internet

I resent that. It’s just that my Commodore 64 is a bit slow.

JFTR, China is shifting away from coal & into renewables as fast as it can now .. eventually, the rest of the world will follow.

Markets will dictate it, as no fossill fuel can compete with free energy.

Fossil fuel companies can dictate markets by lobbying governments to make investment in renewables difficult though, as we’ve seen.

You didn’t watch the video… :frowning: