#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Not sure I agree with that. Think we should start by building our ends of the ground around the best players in the best positions. Hooker and Hurley at CHB/FB are the first step you'd make there. I think Stewart will be given every opportunity to succeed. He has a great athletic ability and whilst his hands seem to be a weaker part of his game I think he could work well with Joe who is obviously a natural aerialist with a good aerobic capacity himself. Don't think the Hooker fwd experiment is "over" just because we recruited Stewart but I wouldn't be putting him up there unless we get to Rd 8 and JS has only kicked a couple of goals and is simply not working.

Iā€™m the exact opposite.

Iā€™d be training him there every second I could, and playing him there all through pre-season and into the regular season.

Then, if we get to round 8 and he has only kicked a couple of goals (which is not going to happen) then try our next best option, which may or may not be JS.

We know Mr Hooker can play full-back on demand. I consider it a no-brainer he should be learning full forward in the coming months.

60 plus goals from a forwardā€¦imagine haha

So we get Stewart so Hooker can play back, but the early reports are that he wants to play forward. Carlisle in reverse? Elsilrac?

As far as Iā€™m concerned Stewart starts the pre-season as depth, Hooker is forward and the defence is covered by Hurls/Hartley/Ambrose/Francis/Brown

I would like Francis to start forward and play like Jake Stinger.

So we get Stewart so Hooker can play back, but the early reports are that he wants to play forward. Carlisle in reverse? Elsilrac?

As far as Iā€™m concerned Stewart starts the pre-season as depth, Hooker is forward and the defence is covered by Hurls/Hartley/Ambrose/Francis/Brown

In the VFL?

In the VFL?

Donā€™t forget the 3 small forwards (Green, Raz and Walla), Langford and Laverde plus Zaka, Trav and Jobe resting. Gunna be crowded up there. And donā€™t forget TBell.

My personal preference would be Hooker, Joe Dan, Raz, Walla with Lav and Franga. Others midfielding as required.

In the VFL?
That's a stinger.

In the VFL?

In a premiership
Not sure I agree with that. Think we should start by building our ends of the ground around the best players in the best positions. Hooker and Hurley at CHB/FB are the first step you'd make there. I think Stewart will be given every opportunity to succeed. He has a great athletic ability and whilst his hands seem to be a weaker part of his game I think he could work well with Joe who is obviously a natural aerialist with a good aerobic capacity himself. Don't think the Hooker fwd experiment is "over" just because we recruited Stewart but I wouldn't be putting him up there unless we get to Rd 8 and JS has only kicked a couple of goals and is simply not working.

From what Iā€™ve seen of them, Hartley is a much better defender than Stewart is a forward. And Hooker is in a different league when compared to Stewart as a forward. Stewart wonā€™t be anywhere near the seniors unless he knocks the door down in the twos, which is as it should be.

The most interesting component for me is actually the T-Bell factor. If heā€™s injury free and can get back into form, I genuinely think that he could be a huge asset for us up forward.

Has a solid leap, can crash a pack, has good hands and is a decent kick. Obviously not as mobile as someone like Hooker, but I wouldnā€™t be writing him off as another tall option to help out Joe.

HF: Langford Daniher Tippa
F: Fantasia Bellchambers Laverde

Could work really well IMO. Perhaps even have Francis in place of Langford as that third tall.

Point being, I think the return of T-Bell could certainly shake things up a bit re our forward structure.

The most interesting component for me is actually the T-Bell factor. If he's injury free and can get back into form, I genuinely think that he could be a huge asset for us up forward.

Has a solid leap, can crash a pack, has good hands and is a decent kick. Obviously not as mobile as someone like Hooker, but I wouldnā€™t be writing him off as another tall option to help out Joe.

HF: Langford Daniher Tippa
F: Fantasia Bellchambers Laverde

Could work really well IMO. Perhaps even have Francis in place of Langford as that third tall.

Point being, I think the return of T-Bell could certainly shake things up a bit re our forward structure.

Bellchambers needs to learn leading patterns before he is played as a permanent forward option. He also needs to bust a gut in contesting everything that comes inside forward 50. Conceding that your job is finished because you didnā€™t take a mark is a cop out. The fullforward needs to harass, scrap, scrag, smash & pressure the defenders so the ball comes to ground. I donā€™t think he can do it.

TBC may be able to do it. Think all the boys will play with intensity this year.

On history though youā€™d think he will struggle to maintain it.

TBC is no chance of playing as a perm forward and I would be very surprised if we play him as a second rick. Hooker is the man to go with first up, Hooker and Joe and then you can play around with the rest of the line up but they will be the anchors. if Hooker really struggles or Stewart really fires then you may see a change.

Laverde Daniher Fantasa
Tippa Hooker Langford Watson, Parish, Colyer, Brown, Francis, Redman

For the first time in a very long time we have some really exciting options to go through the forward line but they need to be underpinned by Hooker and Joe IMO.

TBC is no chance of playing as a perm forward and I would be very surprised if we play him as a second rick. Hooker is the man to go with first up, Hooker and Joe and then you can play around with the rest of the line up but they will be the anchors. if Hooker really struggles or Stewart really fires then you may see a change.

Laverde Daniher Fantasa

For the first time in a very long time we have some really exciting options to go through the forward line but they need to be underpinned by Hooker and Joe IMO.

We used to. Back when Dyson played for us.

In the VFL?

You know what I mean smart ā– ā– ā– .

In the VFL?

Donā€™t forget the 3 small forwards (Green, Raz and Walla), Langford and Laverde plus Zaka, Trav and Jobe resting. Gunna be crowded up there. And donā€™t forget TBell.

My personal preference would be Hooker, Joe Dan, Raz, Walla with Lav and Franga. Others midfielding as required.

Wont be crowded if they all rotate through there. Iā€™m sick of us getting the ball forward for ā– ā– ā– ā–  all reward because we donā€™t have enough players that can kick goals.

Laverde Daniher Fantasa

We used to. Back when Dyson played for us.

Is that Heathā€™s brother?

Good to hear he made a wine with his Dad this year. something he wouldnā€™t have had opportunity to do if he was playing footy.

Good to hear he made a wine with his Dad this year. something he wouldn't have had opportunity to do if he was playing footy.

Hooker CharDonnay 2017 Vintage

Hooker ā€œThe Clunkā€ Shiraz 2016.

Thank you Mr Chooka