#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Well if Hooker is held back to a VFL practice game on March 17, it indicates he gave the hamstring a tweak.

He will play jlt 3, that’s been the plan all along

assuming he plays JLT 3 (or more likely only a half game or so) does he play round 1 or does he need more time ? I’ll be holding my breath every time he goes for a ground ball if he plays after such an interrupted preseason. he is so important to us this year.

Saw Hooksy who is not playing because he told the club he was still sore. He just didn't want to go to McKay lol too far he reckons lol. He will be in for the last hit out.

He thinks TBC has come on leaps and bounds and is tracking well for round 1 selection.

Hmm, might sneak Belly cheap near the end in my drafting fantasy league. Already have Hooker, so great to hear he’s on track.

Bring on the full bore forward line! Want to see Jobe, Heppell, Zerret and Parish in the middle cranking it out to them.

Well if Hooker is held back to a VFL practice game on March 17, it indicates he gave the hamstring a tweak.

Pretty sure that has been common knowledge for a month.

I mean the hamstring strain is more severe than reported - Think he’s now been out of action for a month.

And the rest

I mean the hamstring strain is more severe than reported - Think he’s now been out of action for a month.

Must have been a pretty bad hamstring I think he’ll be fine for round 1.

I thought I read somewhere that he wanted to play Sunday but they held him back and stuck to the plan.

Maybe that’s what I want to be the case and I just dreamt it.

He will play jlt 3, that’s been the plan all along

what’s the latest on Hooker, no mention in the injury update, i’m getting concerned he won’t be ready for round 1

Unless you want to play without a recognised FF (or want to continue to play Joe in a position that doesn’t suit him and encourages double-teaming of him), hell yes he’s needed there.

Just thought id throw another spanner in the works, plus get the convo off his hammy. With medium to tall fwds like, Begley, Lav, Frances, and langford coming on, and if our other 2 talls Smack and Steward come on and start to play well fwd. Do we need Dana and Hooker fwd? are we best with a couple of medium good marking talls instead?

If this happened. what are peoples thoughts on Hooker going back again? I like him fwd, but also like him back. Hartly and Ambo are doing a good job down back but 2 AA defenders who can dominate the backline?

If everyone is fit this year we seem to finally have a few options.

Why are people so concerned? The club clearly stated that it was a minor hamstring 6 weeks ago!

Maybe doing less training is part of a cunning plan for him to put on a few extra kg, in preparation for standing in the goal square and monstering any full back that dares to come near. Plugger 2.0

He doesn’t need to, he can already out mark everybody.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting he play unless he’s 100% right, the issue here is inaccurate/missing communication from the club.

I have no issue with a very cautious approach to getting him going. He’s not an incidental player in our team; he’s massively important to our structure.

3 Likes
I have no issue with a very cautious approach to getting him going. He's not an incidental player in our team; he's massively important to our structure.
Exactly. Hugely important player coming off a year without footy and a history of shredding strings. Completes 2.5 months of pre-season without missing a session, has a hammy problem. You'd damn well hope they're going ultra conservative with the bloke, irrespective of how severe or minor it might be. Heaven forbid we revert to the Weapon school of high performance where guys with ■■■■■■ backs are trying to deadlift twice their body weight against the specific advice of their surgeon.

Cutting edge physiotherapy

He did his hammy. Someone said as much during the intra-club about a month ago (Belly?). The notion that the club is holding him back as part of a pre-determined program is nonsense. Since he is coming off a 12 month lay off, and is playing a relatively new role which is key to our fortunes, getting a decent training load into him would be important. Especially match practice with our other forwards.

The real question is not whether he has injured his hammy, but why the club is so secretive about it? Do they really think other clubs rely on club sanctioned injury reports for their intel? It was reported in the media that he did a hammy at the time, despite the club describing it as “minor tightness”.