#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

• Club reports hamstring tightness.
  • Bloke has history of twangy hammys.
  • Club reports promptly through weekly injury segment to supporters that they will be taking no risks, modifying his training and building him to get up for R1.
  • This sequence of events occurs as projected (thus far).
  • Club accused of secrecy and misleading supporters.

Yeah, I think people are being a bit sensitive about this tbh.

5 Likes

HURLEY forward!

There’s a heap of guys who can play in defence.

then:

Club places Hooker on LTI list
Club announces in late June that Hooker will be available for finals
Club announces in mid-August that Hooker has an eye to resume training in October

Harvs said this morning he’ll train this week and play either this week or the VFL practice match next week.

2 would be good if he could but should he?

“Or”.

If he plays JLT3 he won’t play a VFL practice match.

1 Like

6 weeks and counting since the club reported “minor tightness”. Good thing he didn’t ping it or have any tendon issues.

3 Likes

Article in Rupert.com.au saying he’s in doubt for the third game.

When this first happened, crow said they would be extra cautious with him and put him on a modified program all the way up to round one

I don’t see anything that’s changed from this

5 Likes

this pic reminds me of spartacus.

Does it quote his assistant coach who said yesterday he would either play JLT3 or the VFL practice match next weekend? Cause I would’ve thought if not Harvs might’ve already beaten them to the punch…

Might open the door for fridge

That’s not really in question. I agree, everything seems to be on track to feature round 1, albeit he will be more underdone match fitness wise than ideal.

What doesn’t make sense though is that experiencing hamstring ‘tightness’ precludes you from training with the main group for SIX weeks.

1 Like

Doesn’t say anything about VFL. Just that they’re not sure if he’ll be ready for this game.

That’ll be fine as long as we don’t stand there for too long letting all of the cold air out.

No JLT 3, aiming for vfl practice match. Kind of disappointing that he doesn’t get game time alongside Joe before rd 1.

The structure of this side will be a work in progress for a while yet.

Man, the talls are going to be rusty if they both play round one. Not ideal

Better than them not playing at all though

1 Like

4 Years of a soul destroying siege via the saga disaster was not ideal. In comparison, Hooker being short of a gallop come round 1 is a veritable triumph.

5 Likes

I’ve always thought that you played your best players in their best positions.We should be developing other forwards.