#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

He’s a presence, no doubt about it

Celebrates every goal like it’s his first goal

12 Likes

Just ■■■■■■ love this mans competitive spirit. Wasn’t on tonight, but still impacted the game in a big way. He will be a mighty player for us this year, have no doubt.

1 Like

You have gorilla, we have gorilla. Our gorilla is better than your gorilla.

3 Likes

Was doubled team in the 4th and 3rd. Was watching on the stadium, there extra man was for stoping Cale.

1 Like

Celebrates kicking a goal like he’s still a backman.

5 Likes

Yep, which leaves Daniher running around on a single opponent.

With our mix of crumbing small forwards and weirdly unorthodox tall prodigy in Joe, Hooker is the perfect centre piece for this forward line. Last night was a textbook performance of what we need from him as a forward.

Leave him one out in the goal square at your own peril.

4 Likes

He seems genuinely shocked every time he kicks a goal.

4 Likes

Still not sure about the top knot.

3 Likes

That was the most valuable aspect of his whole game. Finally meant that JD didn’t have 4 defenders hanging off him at all contests.

We have been crying out to spread opposition key talls for years and last night was a good example. Just makes our forward line look so much better. 60pts a game? pfffft…

I thought he still looked a bit rusty, but to kick 3 off limited prep (half a VFL praccy game in 18 months) shows how much of a good footballer he is.

Such a presence in the forward line.
Heps first goal in the last was a direct result of defenders swarming to Hooker.
Hooker brought the ball to ground and the rest was history

1 Like

Love this guy.
My favourite player.

Gives his absolute best every week and seems to be a bit of a spiritual leader for the rest of the boys out there.

1 Like

My gorilla brings all the boys to the square,
And they’re like,
Hes better than ours,
Damn right, hes better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge.

2 Likes

I thought he looked pretty rusty and dropped marks he’d normally take. Completely expected given his preparation and time out. It was great to see him clunk one in the last qtr.
Pretty exciting that he could be rusty and still kick 3. Imagine him in a few weeks. It’s actually a pretty formidable forward line and we still have Francis and Stewart as legitimate options.

1 Like

Hooker plays ■■■■ and gets 3. Joe plays ■■■■ and gets at least 2 last year. Good things to come.

1 Like

Has a huge presence about him and makes them nervous. A perfect foil to allow Daniher up the ground further without sacrificing the forwardline.

2 Likes

He’s a forward now, he’s allowed to be flashy

1 Like

He did exactly what he is there to do. Made contests, kicked 3 goals, made at least one other, occupied defenders. I’ll settle for that every week.

1 Like

When he starts holding those marks…

2 Likes