That four players we are missing: To become a top four side

Hird
McLeod
Coleman
Superman

They'd call superman a cheat cause they couldn't get needles in him for the blood tests.

Hird
McLeod
Coleman
Superman

Superman : Forward or back?

Hird
McLeod
Coleman
Superman

marks it at the tallest building. or something.

Hird
McLeod
Coleman
Superman

marks it at the tallest building. or something.

flies over packs

Ricky Mott

Micky Rott

Rictt Moky

Mocky Ritt

I've said it before and ill say it again. Andrew Russell made these guys. Put them in to the Melbourne system and they would all be ordinary players. Hawthorn can turn average players into good players. Look at ceglar ffs. He has somehow turned into this ridiculous athlete. As much as I hate to say it, they have a very good system at the moment.

Strange that Breust was in the Sydney system and Gunston in the Adelaide system.

Clinton Jones

Clinton Jones

Clinton Jones

Clinton Jones

B. Green
B. Green
Reimers
B. Green

Hasn’t been pointed out but a large amount of the Hawks’ success with lead-up forwards is how patient they are with the kick in to them. Not even the kick itself (their footskills are the best around) but how they look for that kick, how they ask for the lead, and how they’re happy to spend 4-5-6 seconds holding onto the ball before kicking it.

Part of that is talent but a lot of it is system.

That’s something we do much better than we used to, but still not well. Even recruiting the best kick and the best leading forward wouldn’t fix it if the other players aren’t in sync with it. Plenty of improvement left in that area. Zerrett will help. Ambrose seems a pretty smart, disciplined player but he’ll never have the pace, agility, hands and footskills that Gunston has. Joe gets on his bike, Paddy has been much more willing to lead and run this year.

Hislop
Hislop
Reimers
Hislop

One Tommy Hislop.
There's only one Tommy Hislop.
Onnnnnnnnnne Tommy Hislop.
There's only one Tommy Hislop.

We need Martin Pyke. X factor, helped two clubs to premierships

We have lot of top heavy inside midfielders. We don’t have the speed on the outside. Stanton has slowed down but he is also playing a different role. When opposition spread we are unable to keep up with them. Example when Motlop was on for Geelong we had no one who could keep up with him.

Clubs like Gold Coast and GWS have inside midfielders who have the speed to spread or defend. We really looked so slow.

Would love to get Jack Gunston & bring him home to his club..

Travesty that he's in that horrid jumper

I think we can grow or fashion the rest.

I've said it before and ill say it again. Andrew Russell made these guys. Put them in to the Melbourne system and they would all be ordinary players. Hawthorn can turn average players into good players. Look at ceglar ffs. He has somehow turned into this ridiculous athlete. As much as I hate to say it, they have a very good system at the moment.

Strange that Breust was in the Sydney system and Gunston in the Adelaide system.

WHERE'S OUR SYSTEM
*looks for system*

Fev
Aker
Milne
Andrew Lovett

So we're essentially a few All Australians and B+ types away?
Disagree, we're some mental focus away. Cattle is there.

Sorry I have a beef with that comment.

Need more meat to your arguement.

In all seriousness though, you need a nucleus of 10 or so players on you're list, and at least one on every line to be

guns.

Don't underestimate the influence of the team mates in sides having as much if not more influence  than the coaches on the development and performance  of the  draftees that come into the club.

Lovett

Monfries

Crameri

Houli

We have lot of top heavy inside midfielders. We don't have the speed on the outside. Stanton has slowed down but he is also playing a different role. When opposition spread we are unable to keep up with them. Example when Motlop was on for Geelong we had no one who could keep up with him.
Clubs like Gold Coast and GWS have inside midfielders who have the speed to spread or defend. We really looked so slow.

GC & GWS also get beaten most weeks from the middle.

I've liked the deployment of Colyer closer to the stoppage, probably need to develop one of our other quicker guys there as well (most likely a Merrett).

I think we're pretty close to a good mix in terms of inside / quick players - not perfect.

They had aims of Melksham settling into being a flexible, two-way player in there, but his form's completely AWOL.

Stanton's generally being useful at least wherever he's thrown, I probably prefer him not being in there at this stage of his career, in favour of either a genuine inside player or someone with genuine pace but he's a more than handy plan B.

Oh so guyyyss... there's not enough best 22 with those players.. can we please have a few pages of best 22 with these 4 players in them?

The players are their. They just don't do it on a regular basis. Also it ant easy when one game you are playing ff and all of a sudden you are playing in the back line.