The 2016 Benfti hype list (blokes we might actally draft!)

We need Willie so Bruce can have a delicious three way,

We need to draft him so Bruce can say:

“Willie gives it to Hooker, oh don’t you just love it”

What’s peoples thoughts on Liam Ryan ? Highly talented footballer with massive X-Factor. Defiantly worth a look in my opinion (pick 27?)

For what its worth his Dad was an absolute gun at local level, still playing when he was 40+. Use to do some freakish things.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjFnOL1tv7PAhUEHpQKHXR1BrwQuAIIGzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dpej3h1pqvmQ&usg=AFQjCNHE8RnzfjFLw8cneIMkrjSFCczUiw&sig2=o2srjPJBs-S7lSesKk3NPQ&bvm=bv.137132246,d.dGo

We need to draft him so Bruce can say:

“Willie gives it to Hooker, oh don’t you just love it”

I suspect, in his case, it would be more like “Hooker, gives it to Willie…oh, don’t you just love it!!!”

“Willie goes BANG! With a long hard one into Hooker”

If they delisted Dempsey today because they are thinking Ben Long, I'm quietly happy.

Is Ben long better suited to half back or forward??

Ben, in view of previous Rioli-related drafting misjudgements, do you think WSPHU with the #29 pick rather than waiting till the 40s or beyond?

Get a read for the green heading into the draft, but if we get word someone is planning on taking him in the 30’s then yes. 20,29,41. #whateverittakes

Think dogs may take long with their second rounder.
We take long they take heppell

Our draft picks are:
1, 20, 29, 41, 68, 95

Bulldogs draft picks are:
18, 26, 50, 75, 80, 94

So if we think they might take Ben Long with pick 26 and we want him badly enough we would have to use pick 20.

However, if the draft is supposed to be so deep there is a chance they could want to wait until pick 50 which brings our pick 29 and 41 into play, which might mean we can get Willie, Ben and Hepp A if we are willing to use picks 20, 29 and 41 for the privilege, with Hepp A still maybe there at 68.

Happily Melbourne draft picks are: 47, 69, 84, so they can’t get Hepp A if we are willing to use pick 41 and again we may still be in a good position to get him if we wait until 68.

If Bassett is still sniffing around at our VFL players for PA, their high draft hand may help us, they have picks 14, 17, 30, 31, 85, with pick 85 being the first they may think about using for Hepp A.

But like Ben says, Jackets will be licking his finger and putting it in the air before he decides on which picks he needs to use for which players on the 25th of November. But given our recent success with drafting VFL players we like, and the success of players like Dickson at other clubs, I don’t think we can assume the rookie picks will be enough.

Does anyone think we are a chance to hand Holmes in the late end of the draft or rookie draft?

I'd only consider Ben and Willie now, and Kym if his family move over with him, which they probably would.

Not so keen on Cedric or Ezekiel any more?

Is it because Courtney is gone and Ben and Willie would have the Tiwi and family support at the club, and Kym could bring his family support with him?

Ben and Willie have good heads on their shoulders and have lived away from home for some time.

If you can have only one of Ben or Willie, which would you prefer ? And who do you think goes first in the draft?

Willie every single day of the week

Ben, in view of previous Rioli-related drafting misjudgements, do you think WSPHU with the #29 pick rather than waiting till the 40s or beyond?

Get a read for the green heading into the draft, but if we get word someone is planning on taking him in the 30’s then yes. 20,29,41. #whateverittakes

Our draft picks are:
1, 20, 29, 41, 68, 95

18, 26, 50, 75, 80, 94

So if we think they might take Ben Long with pick 26 and we want him badly enough we would have to use pick 20.

However, if the draft is supposed to be so deep there is a chance they could want to wait until pick 50 which brings our pick 29 and 41 into play, which might mean we can get Willie, Ben and Hepp A if we are willing to use picks 20, 29 and 41 for the privilege, with Hepp A still maybe there at 68.

Happily Melbourne draft picks are: 47, 69, 84, so they can’t get Hepp A if we are willing to use pick 41 and again we may still be in a good position to get him if we wait until 68.

If Bassett is still sniffing around at our VFL players for PA, their high draft hand may help us, they have picks 14, 17, 30, 31, 85, with pick 85 being the first they may think about using for Hepp A.

But like Ben says, Jackets will be licking his finger and putting it in the air before he decides on which picks he needs to use for which players on the 25th of November. But given our recent success with drafting VFL players we like, and the success of players like Dickson at other clubs, I don’t think we can assume the rookie picks will be enough.

Let's not get carried away with Heppell, I'll be stunned if he's taken in the ND, by us or anyone.
Does anyone think we are a chance to hand Holmes in the late end of the draft or rookie draft?

I don’t think so.

Damn!!!

Long…Willie…Holmes.

Need to remember that our focus is the players in the VFL are the ones we see. There are plenty of other good players playing for other VFL teams.

Holmes has done pretty well but even in our team he is not a clear standout.

I’m keen for us to grab hep A as a rookie, but this ain’t the threat for me talking about that

Still waiting on Stengle and Kirby :slight_smile:

To keep us occupied in the meantime,

Foj1 on BF took Kirby for Essendon in the “Trial Phantom Draft”

Pick 73 Essendon Kayle Kirby 184cm medium forward Bendigo Pioneers

This guy has a heap of talent and a heap of question marks.
He has an exciting burst of speed, raw physical power and above average hands. He has played mainly out of the square at tac level though he has started to play up the field a little more in the last month. Kayle is a natural goal kicker who always looks dangerous. He enjoys inflicting bone crunching tackles on opponents however there is a fine line between strong and reckless which he has crossed on a couple of occasions. I like the fact that he has some sh## in him. He will let opponents know he is around.

Kayle has some question marks.
His running base is going to need to be better. Endurance running is vital and talent will only get you so far. Ask hisham kerbatieh.
Kayle also has a tendency to get lost in a game and lose impact. This is systematic of being a one position player but he has to display greater consistency.
Kayle also has a tendency to do the undisciplined but you can work on that and you need some flair in your forward line I think.

Rationale
Kirby has some Byron Pickett and Lindsay Thomas qualities and talent but some real question marks as well.
However if you can smooth the edges you could be looking at a real steal this late in the draft. Unfortunately he didn’t get a chance to shine at nationals due to poor form and suspension.

And here’s a Stengle clip

Our draft picks are:
1, 20, 29, 41, 68, 95

18, 26, 50, 75, 80, 94

Let's not get carried away with Heppell, I'll be stunned if he's taken in the ND, by us or anyone.

Agreed but I don’t think it’s nuts to say he’d be a pretty highly sought after rookie pick. 21 y.o VFL team of the year. And people know he’s right under our noses, family factor, we have pick 1 in the rookie draft. Can see someone taking him at pick 90 just to get him ahead of us.

Befti How highly do you rate Powell-Pepper?
he seems a bit of a power player/man child agains t U18’s, has the martin dont argue, would he be worth selecting at 20 or 29.
or would you prefer RIoli ahead of him?

Totally forgot to do the other two, will do tomorrow

Slack

How many promises @benfti break?

I feel diminished.