The 2018 Benfti "in absentia" Hype thread

Most sound like small forwards.

Sambonos highlights were good, he looks a little light.

Dominic grant sounds like a rookie option. High risk/reward

Another lovett type who has flair but is accountable sounds good.and would be another JAKE.

What club did dom barry support as a kid. Does he want to play at port adelaide because of their indigenous culture?

A few things.

1. A big thanks for doing this, even though you are hard pressed, l fully appreciate the effort you have expended to do this.

2. Like Albert, I consider this thread a highlight leading up to the draft, something to look forward to every year, in the fond hope that we will pick up a ā€˜benftiā€™ special. This year we have already skimmed the cream off the trade table, and our late draft pick, opens the door for one of these guys in a way that wasnā€™t so apparent in the past. Fingers crossed Dodoro, pulls the trigger on one or even two of these guys, and they do a Tippa!

3. Like others l am excited by the prospect of Sambono in particular, and after all the other feel good stories that have come out of Essendon recently l can easily imagine him in our colours, blitzing one and all. I also like the sound of Dom Grant as well.

Thanks again, and cheers.

7 Likes

Taryce, Milera, Grant for me.

I love a guy with superior control of gravity.

Milera looks like heā€™ll move up the ground. Moves a bit like Wells, and looks like he kicks beautifully.

Grant is an interesting one, having been through the system and then apparently disappeared from calculations. Youā€™d want to know a bit about his injuries, but otherwise sounds good.

Iā€™ve watched a bunch of Sambono highlights and I didnā€™t see a transition-able skillset. Will watch again.

So going through AFL draft machine (if I see another cbus ad I will throw my computer out the window), and one who seems appropriate for this thread is Gordon Narrier. Looks to have elite acceleration, and a beautiful left boot. Do you have any thoughts on him? Obviously Iā€™ve only seen the highlights on the AFL site, but his game looks like it would translate. Heā€™s played 17 games of WAFL seniors this year as an 18yo (and heā€™s 187cm).

1 Like

just load up on benfti specials this year. need to take risks.

1 Like

I really like Narrier, narrowly missed out on the list in favour of Yarran and he was in due to my mates word really

1 Like

What about cody ninyette? He was mentioned in another thread earlier in the yearā€¦ looks good and kicked 7 in a wafl game.

Based on the info provided Iā€™d be after grant or patmore.

This is definitely the year to draft high risk high reward players

Thanks.

Iā€™ve since watched a bunch more videos and remembered that I was looking at highlights. (and everyone looks a gun)

But still, Narrier 's highlights are great!!

Thanks for the scouting report Ben. I would be leaning toward Dominic Grant if it wasnā€™t for the multiple stress fractures in his feet - too great a risk especially when someone like Jake Patmore might be available. Would be happy with any of the other players mentioned.

Dom Grant though is first round talent quality.

I agree but at pick 48 would you pick Grant over Patmore?

No, I think Grant will be there later, but Iā€™m definitely taking him providing Reidy and Crowy have checked him out and given him the green light for rehabable

1 Like

So white = safe and indigenous = risk?

If you want to read it that way.

I read it the way you wrote it.

Personally I hope (and expect) that the club actually deals with people on their individual merits.

Iā€™m sure you did.

I want them all.

Bring them all in.

2 Likes

Really like the look of Mileraā€™s disposal.

1 Like

Yeah he is quality