The 2018 Benfti "in absentia" Hype thread

Not again!!

Seriously, how could we not draft a guy called Mosquito?

16 Likes

With the NGA do teams only really get priority access to them if they get passed over in both drafts? And then as alternative talent?

Or if Hawks nominate him is it like any academy selection where clubs have to use points if bid comes?

I know we have one of the Rioli’s in our NGA

I will be disappointed if Sydney Stack doesn’t get to NSW.

2 Likes

Given the Hawks only have 233 points worth of picks this year and our pick 34 is worth 542 (or 345 after discount. I assume that refers to discounts f/s and academy clubs get if someone bids on their player), would that mean that if we bid on Mosquito with 34 Hawthorn wouldn’t be able to match it? Because that would be hilarious.

2 Likes

No, because the AFL folded and allowed clubs to go into debt with picks from later years.

1 Like

Do we need another Skeeta though?

Ah fair enough. I wondered about that. Still, we would be able to make them use all their “early” picks this year and then affect their first pick next year wouldn’t we? That would be fun enough.

1 Like

A second round bid affects the future second round pick. A third round bid affects the future third round pick. Their first is safe for them to trade out as they wish.

Really? That’s lame. Then again the whole points system sucks so why would this be any different.

Rodney Baird strikes me as someone who fits the “outside the normal pathways” type, as a late-ish convert from Rugby league, although he was one of the 4 NT kids in the Allies squad.

Honestly who calls their kid Rodney…come-on. Does he have a brother called Dennis?

Gary.

1 Like

Glenn

Ross

1 Like

Kevin, Trevor, Barry.

At this point I’m just scouring the net trying to find someone that @benfti might have found. Plenty of names from the NT of interest, but I have struggled to find a player of the “freak show tall” variety, that Ben always has in the list, but who never gets drafted.

In attempt to fill this void, this is the best I have come up with.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/amateur/solomontowns-jeremiah-scrutton-flies-for-mark-of-the-year-contender/news-story/13dabde9bc429b62004b608165ba298b

1 Like

Keith, Ian, Geoff

said i would not do this, but…

Charlie Camerons brother, Jarrod, is draftable this year, i actually think he is a little further along than Charlie was at the same age.

People are sleeping on him, just like they did Charlie. he’s the kid id be using our last pick on before the rookie draft to fill that developing small forward spot.

Though i still want us to steak Irving from hawthorn.

15 Likes