The 2018 Benfti "in absentia" Hype thread

Depends on how you define/quantify, more than a tad. Understatement alert now in operation.

1 Like

Seriously?
Do you actually know anything about the kid?
So wrong, not even close to the mark.
No farked up past to turn around.

2 Likes

Edit: I just watched the interview again, he said ā€œI was hanging around bad people who were doing drugs and drinking, and all that, and going to Jail.
Coming to Victoria was scary. Because I didnā€™t speak much Englishā€

I should have saidā€¦ overcoming tough challenges, not ā€˜turning his life aroundā€™

4 Likes

I was wondering what had happened that needed turning around

Opportunity wasnā€™t all that tippa needed
He got a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton fitter in his years in the VFL -
as you well know.
I think thereā€™s a case he couldā€™ve been picked up 1 year earlier than he was

I think itā€™s absolutely true weā€™ve become a bit too risk averse with indig kids. But Tippa was a long way off being AFL ready when he got VFL listed. If he wasnā€™t, he would have been snaffled already.

That is mint

Benfti thread = vanilla panic merchant draftees

No benfti thread = IRVING FLIPPING MOSQUITO

100% proven

Make your decision wisely, @benfti! :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, he was going fine, high hopes for his future

then Essendon drafted him

1 Like

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, if he is related to Tim Mosquito, he was probably the fastest & slipperiest player I ever saw play in the NTFL, but he was skinny as a rake & would have been consistently injured playing AFL against bigger solid blokes.

2 Likes

Longy was skinny as a rakeā€¦

Which one are talking about in the past tense :joy:

The one who isnā€™t very skinny any more.

3 Likes

@benfti Any chance of Adam Tipungwuti coming down to play in our VFL team?

Also, now the draft is out of the way can we get the proper Hype Thread that weā€™ve all been waiting for, please and thankyou

1 Like

Hopefully, we can technically add him to our list in March if we want to.

Iā€™d strongly endorse this

2 Likes

Could we add him as a Cat B since nobody drafted him?

I doubt it considering we wouldnā€™t have had much involvement in his footy, although crazier things have happened

I thought he was in our academy last year?

I donā€™t recall him being there, he has also been in Sydney (and Brisbane) previously so he could have ties to their Academies

I could just be remembering wrong. I thought Benfti complained we could have had him for free last year and may have put 2 and 2 together and gotten 5.

I met this kid last night. Really nice guy. Heā€™s training with Geelongā€™s VFL list and looks like he will play a bit with them next season.

1 Like

Cool. Will be interesting to see if he gets some VFL games. Might come into calculations in a couple of yearsā€¦