The 2023 fix(ture) is in

You have north vs wc 1:45 at marvel Saturday thats the game that should be on a sunday at 3:20pm not hawks vs Essenfon

I hope craig vozzo tells gill to shove sunday twilght games up his clacker we are Essendon ffs not ■■■■ minow clubs like North Saints etc

1 Like

Despite the 3:20pm Sunday timeslot being inconvenient for many supporters, Channel 7 love to have big games in that timeslot for high ratings that lead into their 6pm news.

Look at all the blockbuster games placed in that slot this year… Collingwood Vs Essendon (winner after the siren), Collingwood Vs Carlton (to knock Carlton out of the finals), Richmond Vs Brisbane (top 4 on the line), Sydney Vs Collingwood (top 4 on the line) etc …

I’m failing to see why the 3:20pm game is worth the hissy fit it’s currently receiving. We haven’t won a final for 20 years and finished 15th.

13 Likes

We could be fixtured on the moon in a Tuesday twilight slot and I still wouldn’t feel justified in complaining.

We’ve been garbage. Once we earn it through our performance then fair enough.

12 Likes

Already another game on at Marvel Sunday.
Ed Sherrin concert in Perth means Optus is out of action and required another game in Melbourne.
I have no problem with a Sunday game but should be at a traditional time slot not this 1520 garbage

1 Like

we get no post game content straight into the 6pm news once the game is finished its crap

1 Like

Put SEN or 3AW on then.

3 Likes

Sunday arvo is a bit annoying.
Might just get the Red Eye back to Adelaide and roll into work from the airport Monday morning.

Why not have viewers swtich channels for post game stuff

I’m going to be annoyed if we get bombarded with sunday twilight slots last season we had like 4 sunday games in a row

1 Like

A 3:20pm start is usually done by 5:50pm and will allow most people to be home by 7-7:30pm at the very latest on a Sunday night.

I understand the annoyance to a degree at the 4:40pm Sunday start but the 3:20pm allows many families with children playing sport earlier that day to attend and be home at a reasonable time.

7 Likes

I dont mind sunday games we had a ■■■■■ load of them last season thats all

Would like them sprinkled over the year not given to us where we have 3-4 in a row

Going to be a stinking hot Sunday arvo reminiscent of Round 1, 2022 vs Geelong

1 Like

Totally agree. I reckon 3.20 is better than the “traditional” 2.10. I don’t understand the whinging about it

2 Likes

3.20 Sunday isn’t so bad, but 4.40 Sunday at Marvel is a shocker. If we get more than two of those next year I’ll whinge to anyone who’ll listen, and to many who won’t.

5 Likes

I will be training to and from Traralgon. It will probably 2 hours to get back here, and am looking forward to it. No complaints from my quarter.

2 Likes

good teams win whenever and wherever

3 Likes

Oh.

2 Likes

Blitz match day thread to Blitz match review thread

1 Like

The AFL released the fixture at 6am today to detract from the Socceroos game
So pathetic

1 Like

This is not the first time their timing has been really off with media releases and information ‘leaking’ out.

They’ve been called out on it in the past but they obviously haven’t learnt their lesson. The media/PR department need a kick up the ■■■■ because it’s a negative and fairly petulant reflection on the code. They didn’t like “soccer” having a few hours/days in the limelight.

I look forward to the remainder of the draw being announced at 6am next Sunday

Oh wait

5 Likes