The 84, 85, 93 and 2000 premiership combined side

With some degree of difficulty, I have tried to select the best possible team of the last 4 premiership sides.

Safe to say that most of the team has managed 2 premierships…3 members have managed 3 premierships.

To put it into some perspective, players like Garry Foulds, Gary O’Donnell, Merv Neagle and Shane Heard miss out.

So here goes:

B: Bill Duckworth, Dustin Fletcher, Gavin Wanganeen
HB: Mark Thompson, Kevin Walsh, Mark Harvey
C: Glenn Hawker, Joe Misiti, Michael Long
HF: James Hird, Roger Merrett, Terry Daniher (captain)
F: Mark Mercuri, Matthew Lloyd, Paul Salmon
R: Simon Madden, Tim Watson, Darren Bewick
Int: Paul Van Der Haar, Leon Baker, Dean Wallis, Darren Williams

I’d put in Gary O’Donnell’s eyebrows in ahead of Dean Wallis…

If we were selecting a team to play an actual game of footy a forward line of Lloyd, Salmon and Merrett is way to top heavy.

You must have missed 84/85 if you think that Leon Baker doesn’t feature in the starting 18

Love for Sheeds to answer this question

Dean Wallis? Classic Pazza.

Dean Wallis? Classic Pazza.

Wallis and Kevin Walsh ahead of Sean Wellman.

You must have missed 84/85 if you think that Leon Baker doesn't feature in the starting 18

Leon Baker over Joe Misiti any day of the week.

Tim Watson said Baker was the best he saw at Essendon, in his time there. That is no faint praise.

Leon Baker will be on Open Mike tonight for those interested!!

Leon Baker will be on Open Mike tonight for those interested!!

We’ve had quite a few past players on Open Mike. My favourite footy program.

Good thread.

I would have well man in front of Walsh and Wallis. Don’t knock the wallis suggestion though, he played in 2 flags and in 2000 he was very very important to us. I would also have Neagle in there with Williams to the middle and Bewick out.

Could Vanders have slotted at CHB? Even Scott Lucas won a B&F from chb as well.

I agree re Williams on the ball, boris to the bench, baker in, wallis out for mine.

Great thread pazza, great side, great blokes, best club.