The Annual Aldi Snow Gear Humiliation

Vowed never to do it but today, I went against my better judgment.

Good! Lord!.

Middle class respectable people during the day become bargain hunting maniacs once a year on May 18.

Even if you don’t want or need any reasonably priced cold weather gear, you’ve got to see this action live to fully understand this example of human de-volution happening in fast motion before your eyes.

There was undignified running, mass tossing and discarding of products which were presumably the wrong size or colour, adults elbowing children, strategic placement of trollies to temporarily prevent others from accessing certain items, husbands shouting at wives on the other side of the bargain trough “HURRY AND FIND SOME MARINO LONGS IN SMALL”… and all this was compounded by the callous indifference of the Aldi staff.

Whoa. That was farking wild.

10 Likes

And by the way, we got everything on the list. Did well considering.

5 Likes

I’m picturing you doing all that with no one else in the store.

6 Likes

I wish no one else was there.

Can’t put a price on dignity

2 Likes

Diggers follows the Demons now?

12 Likes

This is not the first time @Diggers’ decision making has come under question.

2 Likes

What Aldi are you going too?

1 Like

Aldi Warwick.

O.M.G.

I had resisted for years. “Nup, I’m better than that. I’m not going to disgrace myself for cheap cold weather clothing, no matter much I can save”.

Well, I’m not better than that. It’s a funny feeling. I got what I wanted but I don’t feel good about it.

3 Likes

I king hit an old lady for no apparent reason. I blame the intense ALDI atmosphere.

Sorry Little old lady.

5 Likes

Swans supporters ski too, you know?

downhill I’m led to believe

16 Likes

They’ve just opened an Aldi in the middle of port Adelaide.

I’ll wager there was very little demand for snow gear in that particular outlet.

While the scenes described by Diggers are not uncommon in the area, it generally has nought to do with retail events.

5 Likes

Should’ve saved it for polling booth

Plenty of demand for ice gear in the Port Adelaide area

17 Likes

Indeed.

I’m thinking of opening a Glass Barbecues Galore franchise.

I went in for a pair of the Slumbies/Snoozies/slipper type things which weren’t even directly part of the ski stuff. They were however stacked next to the carnage. There I was casually rifling through them, largely unbothered by the fuss and bother elsewhere, when some fat bogan mole loaded to the gills with assorted snow paraphernalia barged in and hip-and-shouldered me out of the way.
Not proud to admit she was given a significant vocal serve which probably didn’t leave her self-esteem undented. She deserved it…

5 Likes

Apparently can be like that in WA as well which I find humorous considering the amount of snow annually in WA probably wouldn’t cover the MCG to a depth of more than about a foot.

2 Likes

Where does it snow in WA?