The Beer Thread

My Boys at Grifter are killing it

Faaaark that’s so awesome.

Thoughts the japs had some good beers?
Yeah, not bad, but we drink them all the time. The idea behind a tasting is that you wow your friends with great stuff they can't get their hands on. They're all convinced Aussie beer is just crappy lagers as almost none of it gets imported. They have no idea about some great big bold brews we produce.
What a fantastic opportunity. Two Metre Tall down in Tassie are a great story as well.

I just dry hopped 23 litres of amber ale with 600-700 grams of fuggle pellet hops. For those not into home brewing, this is about $40 worth of hops.

Dry hopping was done at ~4 degrees C in a fridge without temp control. The hops will have four days in there until I bottle.

The most I’ve dry hopped previously is 300 grams in 28 litres and that turned out okay.

I will report back in 3-4 weeks.

Does anybody think that this will be for the win? Or do most think that I’m bonkers?

I figured that due to various circumstances that I wouldn’t be putting on another brew for a few months, so thought that an extra 400-500 fuggle hops in the hand (amber ale) is better than the same in the bush (freezer).

I reckon you’re hopping mad!!

I reckon you're hopping mad!!

Beer not! For there is nothing to beer, but beer itself.

I’m totally justified:

Can never have too much hops

I just dry hopped 23 litres of amber ale with 600-700 grams of fuggle pellet hops. For those not into home brewing, this is about $40 worth of hops.

Dry hopping was done at ~4 degrees C in a fridge without temp control. The hops will have four days in there until I bottle.

The most I’ve dry hopped previously is 300 grams in 28 litres and that turned out okay.

I will report back in 3-4 weeks.

Does anybody think that this will be for the win? Or do most think that I’m bonkers?

I figured that due to various circumstances that I wouldn’t be putting on another brew for a few months, so thought that an extra 400-500 fuggle hops in the hand (amber ale) is better than the same in the bush (freezer).

Seems a lot of hops but at 4 degrees you will probably be OK. Tasting notes will be interesting so yes we will hold you to reporting back.

I just put together an English Stout which is an Irish Stout base with malt, 200g of fuggle hops, english yeast and a small amount of drinking chocolate. It reacted really quickly which is probably the drinking chocolate at work. It smells like a good solid stout so it has passed the first test.

Can never have too much hops

I reckon i’s over rated & over done meself … kinda like tattooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos

& beards … & fixed wheel bikes … & pulled pork or beef or … whatever … there’s certainly a lot of meat pullers out & about at the moment …

I'm totally justified:

That is great summary and spot on

Flavoured beers CJ?? .. I'd say the damage had already been done.

Fuken Hipsters!!

Which reminds me. About a month ago l was taken to see Star Wars in 4D. After the movie we went to a micro brewery for a bite to eat. They also had fruit flavoured beer. This time passionfruit. It was crisp, clean and delicious.

Went here on the weekend - newsteadbrewing.com.au/

Had the Golden Ale, Amber Ale and the Porter. All very good - can’t wait to get back there and try more of their range.

Brisbane people - I highly recommend a visit.

Incoming! - it’s worth the drive

Try Green Beacon too, its just around the corner

Next on the agenda - I have a mate I work with who’s already visited and recommended as well

Went to Woodend at the weekend and stayed at the Holgate Brewhouse. A really nice selection of beers made on the premises. You can buy a testing paddle of 8 different brews. Some real standouts: The Hopinator, ESB, Temptress (a dessert beer). Highly recommend. See the site:

http://www.holgatebrewhouse.com/index.php/beer/view-all

You can get it milking a cow.

Went to Woodend at the weekend and stayed at the Holgate Brewhouse. A really nice selection of beers made on the premises. You can buy a testing paddle of 8 different brews. Some real standouts: The Hopinator, ESB, Temptress (a dessert beer). Highly recommend. See the site:

http://www.holgatebrewhouse.com/index.php/beer/view-all

You can stay at a Brewery??? We live in a great age.

Oh man, the bottle shop up the road is off the hook with great beers.

Loaded up on the Panheads as the free ones the other week were so good.

This place, heap of beer, tequila, rum, whisk(e)y and other harder to find labels.

I created auto-completes so I don’t type Thronbury so often.