The Beer Thread

Really?

I thought everyone types crazy like that and your name was actuall Fervid K Tichardson…

Noma aussie beers

I reckon you're hopping mad!!

Green hop sludge not! For there is nothing to green hop sludge, but green hop sludge itself.

EFA.

Well it turns out that you don’t really want to have hops in your beer.

Took me hours to bottle, have 6 litres of hop sludge in the bottom of the fermenter (instead of another 12 500ml bottles of beer) and the hops have risen up to the top of the necks of the beers.

And two weeks at 4 degrees won’t settle the hops to the bottom of the fermenter when you have 700 grams worth.

Give this one a go next time: http://www.hopdealzaustralia.com/#!product/prd1/4287833705/hop-shot---super-aroma-10ml

Went here on the weekend - newsteadbrewing.com.au/

Had the Golden Ale, Amber Ale and the Porter. All very good - can’t wait to get back there and try more of their range.

Brisbane people - I highly recommend a visit.

Incoming! - it’s worth the drive

aww man I just spent whole last week working in Skyring Tce, about 100m from this place. Damn it didnt read this until now.

Was staying at hotel near the Story bridge so was at the Story Bridge Hotel most mights drinking Stone N Wood on tap.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/going-for-growth-grifter-brewing-co-goes-from-home-brew-to-noma/news-story/c3abb2393cdf44a74b1b5e09c1daa55c

I reckon you're hopping mad!!

Green hop sludge not! For there is nothing to green hop sludge, but green hop sludge itself.

EFA.

Well it turns out that you don’t really want to have hops in your beer.

Took me hours to bottle, have 6 litres of hop sludge in the bottom of the fermenter (instead of another 12 500ml bottles of beer) and the hops have risen up to the top of the necks of the beers.

Disappointing outcome, just boil them up and keep the liquid next time?

Never entirely disappointing when you learn something.

It tasted okay out of the barrel; and tasted pretty darn good after two days in the bottle at room temp. Never have I tasted something after only two days in the bottle, but I was impressed. It was more than drinkable.

But I realised that I had a problem with mega head formation, so that if I kept them, in a few weeks I’d be popping the tops off, only to lose half of it. Hopefully over the sink rather than over a laptop or something.

Also I’m a safety freak and although I don’t think I’d have a problem with exploding bottles, with so much hops in each bottle, I’m not 100% sure.

What I did was pour them all back into a clean fermenter, added a few litres of golden ale, which I’d bottled in plastic a couple of months ago but not primed, one can of caramalt, some water and let it ferment again to make a new beer. It’s kicking along okay with the combination of english ale yeast and saison yeast from the bottles. Should be decent.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a very decent brew coming up, good luck with it.

My English Stout has been bottled and I had planned to wait for April before giving it a run however I may be forced to bring it forward a week due to current stock running out.

Just in Mallee country and enjoying a few beers in the hot arvo sun.

It might be the fact that I’ve had tasters of just about everything on tap but the Mallee Bull and Vienna Ale go alright.

Just was in the country for a few weeks and drank a shed load of Oz and NZ craft beer. Basically tried to hunt down all the highest rated stuff on Ratebeer and Untappd. Shopped at Prince Wine Store, Carwyn, Wine Republic, and Blackhearts & Sparrows. Melbourne is seriously spoiled for good beer right now, and Oz is producing some world class stuff.

Best Oz beers had: Pirate Life IIPA, Pirate Life Pale Ale, La Sirène Imperial Praline, La Sirène Saison, Boatrocker Roger Ramjet Imperial Stout, Boatrocker Banshee Barleywine, Kaiju! Behemoth Black IIPA. All ridiculously good.

NZ stuff from Liberty and Panhead ruled too!

Just was in the country for a few weeks and drank a shed load of Oz and NZ craft beer. Basically tried to hunt down all the highest rated stuff on Ratebeer and Untappd. Shopped at Prince Wine Store, Carwyn, Wine Republic, and Blackhearts & Sparrows. Melbourne is seriously spoiled for good beer right now, and Oz is producing some world class stuff.

Best Oz beers had: Pirate Life IIPA, Pirate Life Pale Ale, La Sirène Imperial Praline, La Sirène Saison, Boatrocker Roger Ramjet Imperial Stout, Boatrocker Banshee Barleywine, Kaiju! Behemoth Black IIPA. All ridiculously good.

NZ stuff from Liberty and Panhead ruled too!

How does Carwyn rate as a bottle shop to the others? It’s now my new local

Top notch. Wine Republic would have more, but Carwyn gets its hands on great stuff.
Edit: plus you get like 20 taps to sit down and enjoy.

Carlsberg? Any good?

Anyone else tried the Hawkers Pales?

Seriously good.

Helped my mate out with his business.

Bought me round a carton of Cricketers Arms ‘Spearhead Pale Ale’.

Beauty I said, certainly looks and sounds ‘crafty’.

hmm , yeah, it’s ok, can think of many in same style that i’d drink in it’s place.

Carwyn Cellars

The got ‘it’s the pirates life for me’ on tap all week

Ok. Drunk post time.

Not much to say. All the beers are great. Thorn bury great. Needs a NY style $1 pizza window. And the child next to us have litten all their cigarettes just by holding a lighter under them. Not inhaling at the same time. What’s up with that?

Phew. That was easy.

Ok. Drunk post time.

Not much to say. All the beers are great. Thorn bury great. Needs a NY style $1 pizza window. And the child next to us have litten all their cigarettes just by holding a lighter under them. Not inhaling at the same time. What’s up with that?

Phew. That was easy.

Haha. Did you get some Pirate Lifes into you? I brought some cans of IIPA back to Japan with me and last weekend wowed some beer nerds with them. Heading home from some magical beer event meself right now. Drunk posting till the break of phone.