The Beer Thread

Yep. Had almost everything on the menu.

I’m not sure what to think. I love beer. And some of this new craft stuff is really really good, but some of it is pushing the limit just frontage sake of it.

One of the beers was aged in taramillo casks and then something else added. And that’s cool, but it tasted more like fizzy wine than it did beer.

Anyway I had a great time trying stuff and catching up with a mate.

Now here’s the tip for young players. Blum. That’s right Blum. You probably never heard of them. But they make these kitchen door and drawer hinges called ‘soft close drawers’. So you can come home from a few beers sneak into the kitchen and cook up a few midnight snacks and the wife is none the wiser. Blum. Thank me later.

Wow, this is nice and bitter.

As per the label ‘A big, bitter IPA with piney, fruity and floral hop overtones’

So is never normally buy anything with a stupid label like this, but I like the Bridge Road beers.

This one is pretty full on

Lol. Wine type descriptions on beer.

Why do I always hear in my head … “Wankk, wankk, wankitty wankk, … Hipstery wankk, wankeddy wankk wankk…”??

Nah, that ones a special promo one, the rest of their stuff looks pretty unassuming, but great drinking.

Tell you what though, put me on my bum, fell asleep on the couch.

Never had this style of beer before, but it appears to be crafted with prickly pear, from a reputable brewery. Easy to drink, plenty tart, but a bit burpy

Surely I’m not the only one sampling a beer that follow the bombers…

Anyway, the 4 Pines range is one of my favourites, particularly the Pale Ale, this is my first crack at this, and after the cactus beer above its pretty impressive!!

I arrive in Germany in 3 hours. Should I have a beer while being driven to the first competition site?

I arrive in Germany in 3 hours. Should I have a beer while being driven to the first competition site?

Nine!

Nine!
NotSureIfTypo.gif
Nine!
NotSureIfTypo.gif

Nien.

Nine!
NotSureIfTypo.gif
Nien.
NotSureIfDeliberateTypo.gif

This event is historically the type where drinking games (miss a trick catch, drink) are more common. I haven’t practiced my trick catching while drunk…

:wink:

Look, get on the beers and start posting.

Make it schnappy

I was gonna say get the fk off here, go throw sticks in the sun, get drunk & chat up frauleins.

Ja?

Jawohl.

Had this one this evening:

Seriously well done melding of IIPA with cocoa and coffee, plenty of amber ale sweetened malt flavour too.

Cocoa?? Coffee?? Fkn Cactus???

Give me strength.

Cocoa?? Coffee?? Fkn Cactus???

Give me strength.

Hahaha, fair enough. Was trying the cactus one cause it was a unique style I’d never heard of, ‘gose’ by the time is commited realised it had cactus and grapefruit in it. was actually quite good, I imagine it would be best on a hot day, like a sour wheat beer.

Anyone into Porters? Seen a few up there and keen to try.

Porter, the style? Very similar to a stout. Gose has become much bigger in the past couple of years, but yeah a real summer beer.

LOL, one of the first guys I meet here is Dutch and a massive Bombers barracker. Poor bastardo was in the country for the Melbourne game but away that week, so the only game he attended was the disaster versus Fark Carlton.

Urine break before more bier.