The Beer Thread

can someone check on DJR? Might’ve locked himself in the Schizen Hausen by the looks of it.

I was thinking more success, along the lines of Rusty in European Vacation.

While DJR is MIA, I’ll continue the reviews…

This on le is like drinking a fizzy chocolate liqueur. Pretty robust. Couldn’t have too many, but enjoyable non the less.

Has anyone tried a fragile porter?

Anyone like actual beer?

That you know, …tastes like beer ?

If I want a wine, cider, choc milkshake, iced coffee, or fking Tequila, I’ll have one, I don’t need to blend my beer with it to enjoy beer.

Beer is good, they should just make beer to be beer! The hipsters are giving beer an identity crisis!!

Fkn hipsters … Leave beer alone!!!

Rant over,… as you were. Anyone want a beer?

Anyone like actual beer?

If I want a wine, cider, choc milkshake, iced coffee, or fking Tequila, I’ll have one, I don’t need to blend my beer with it to enjoy beer.

Beer is good, they should just make beer to be beer! The hipsters are giving beer an identity crisis!!

Bloodstained “Frothies” Devils.

Holy
■■■■
Balls
Batman
This ones
Very good

This ones really quite good, but at 8.5%, a bit heavy for my liking, but hoppy as all get out.

Anyone like actual beer?

Nah, it’s just an excited rush of brewers trying to find their place in it all. Really they’re all traditional styles from Europe and the U.K. with modern twists. Lots of gimmicky bullshit beers do exist, but we are conditioned through the past few generations to think beer = watery bland lager made by big corporations.

What I usually recommend is that folk go and try the classic styles that led to the common beer - pilseners and lagers from Germany and Czech. And try local craft attempts at those styles - Knappstein Lager, Moon Dog Love Tap Lager, Hawthorn Pilsner, Mornington Lager. Then you get the taste of beer you know but enhanced cos it’s been well crafted.

Anyone like actual beer?

I guess its good to have varioations, I was never a fan of the beers till my son started to make them, when you settle into, its hard if not impossible to go back to bland tasteles beers that have no flavour. Nothng better than tucking into a nice pale or IPA and some savoury snacks to go with it. I love a quiet tasty beer with either seafood, or snacks like salami, chilli and garlic olives and some strong cheeses

But, if you could put salami, olives, garlic and seafood in your beer, it’d be better, right?

Anyone like actual beer?

I guess its good to have varioations, I was never a fan of the beers till my son started to make them, when you settle into, its hard if not impossible to go back to bland tasteles beers that have no flavour. Nothng better than tucking into a nice pale or IPA and some savoury snacks to go with it. I love a quiet tasty beer with either seafood, or snacks like salami, chilli and garlic olives and some strong cheeses

Yeah, I brewed my own for years and will definitely get some down again this year for the summer sip. I like some of the craft brewers beers, but I wouldn’t buy them in quantity at the price, not when I can make 'em at a poofteenth of the cost.

Found a good one tonight, … if anyone’s looking for a “Driving” beer BTW.

Mid at 3.2, … would challenge anyone to pick it if they were unaware.

Small Ale. Criterion brewery?? IIRC. Ripper. In the Little Creatures mold.

I haven’t drunk a Carlton beer for years … other than Draught at the footy. It’s the only place any big brewer beer get’s a run, (other than imported’s)

Somehow anything else at a game just doesn’t feel right, and it’s surprising how good it tastes at times, actually becomes the new beer in a way, after all the hoppy stuff, but that would perhaps change if I went every week.

This is what currently graces the home fridge, a good winter drop.

Anyone like actual beer?

Yeah, I brewed my own for years and will definitely get some down again this year for the summer sip. I like some of the craft brewers beers, but I wouldn’t buy them in quantity at the price, not when I can make 'em at a poofteenth of the cost.

I haven’t drunk a Carlton beer for years … other than Draught at the footy. It’s the only place any big brewer beer get’s a run, (other than imported’s)

Somehow anything else at a game just doesn’t feel right, and it’s surprising how good it tastes at times, actually becomes the new beer in a way, after all the hoppy stuff, but that would perhaps change if I went every week.

http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/075291.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Sign 'em up Queensland!

Anyone like actual beer?

http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/075291.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Not quite sure what that means? lol.

That Small Ale Mid, was from Colonial brewing Co.

I nearly didn’t try it cause they only had it in a tin, but poured into a glass, you wouldn’t know it had.

This is it…

Anyone like actual beer?

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Not quite sure what that means? lol.

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Interjection.

1. A primal cry of joy and approval uttered from the vocal tract of a typical Queensland Male.

Weihenstephaner is a wonderful beer. My local supermarket stopped stocking it, cos I think I was the only person buying it.

But, if you could put salami, olives, garlic and seafood in your beer, it'd be better, right?
I had a pepper steak one once at GABS

The boys make a nice watermelon Pilsner

Went to the new White Rabbit Brewery in Geelong last month. It has shifted from Healesville to be co-located with Little Creatures at the old textile mill down near the Barwon river. They've changed their set-up from the old Healesville brewery which was a lot like the Little Creatures canteen (pizzas, etc). They now do cured meats and cheese platter stuff, but the beer is pretty good. They have all their regular stuff like the white ale on tap but they also have a few seasonal beers that they make there that don't get bottled. I enjoyed the Tiddywidder which apparently is a Berlin Wiesse (spelling?), and the Red ale which they said they were looking to start bottling. Worth checking out for a cruisy afternoon.

I had forgotten about this thread, so a quick update on my last post. Went back to White Rabbit about a month ago and the seasonal beer they had on tap was called the Jackalope. They had aged it in barrels they got from a Melbourne-based whiskey distillery, so it was fantastic. I don’t know if they still have it on tap, but I highly recommend it if you’re passing through Geelong.

Disclaimer: I don’t work for White Rabbit and have no direct affiliation with them, but my missus and I do “secret shopper” audits and White Rabbit and Little Creatures come up on a regular basis, so we have been there a few times. I think the beer tastes better when you’re getting paid to drink it…