Plus 10 litres - meh.

30-60 litres - now we’re talking.

OK how about this? Looks a bit more fairdinkum

Any idea how it works?

Plus 10 litres - meh.

30-60 litres - now we’re talking.

OK how about this? Looks a bit more fairdinkum

Any idea how it works?

Basically the same as a plastic bucket, but with just a few bells and whistles.

Im gonna have a crack at this one. My son can help me through the first few brews. I’ll start with a pale

Pretty much sums up this thread.

New kit arrived today, Excited

Keep us posted. I’m keen to do some small batch stuff if it’s user friendly/set and forget stuff and not in ridiculous volumes.

Keep us posted. I'm keen to do some small batch stuff if it's user friendly/set and forget stuff and not in ridiculous volumes.

FFS

a 15 litre plastic bucket fulfils this criteria

FFS

http://youtu.be/Jsci--s8J48

Pretty much sums up this thread.

Sooooooo good.

Keep us posted. I'm keen to do some small batch stuff if it's user friendly/set and forget stuff and not in ridiculous volumes.

FFS

FFS

Settle mate we are obviously not all blessed with your apparent expertise, plus this is a 30 litre glorified plastic bucket (not 15) that can also boil mash and has a built in thermostat, so maybe im just getting soft in my old age

Yikes!

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/foodrecalls/recalls/Pages/Stone-and-Wood-Pacific-Ale.aspx

FFS

FFS

Settle mate we are obviously not all blessed with your apparent expertise, plus this is a 30 litre glorified plastic bucket (not 15) that can also boil mash and has a built in thermostat, so maybe im just getting soft in my old age

Don’t take me seriously… :slight_smile:

Thoughts on the Wild Yak Pacific Ale?

nervously awaiting my yeast to start activating, my first brew gravity seemed pretty good. Not sure I did the yeast right. Seems to be a few different opinions on best way to do that. I used luke wam water in a sanitized jug covered for around 20-30 mins, didnt really bubble much but seemd to dissolve ok. I poured that into the cooled wort and gently stirred it through. If for some reason the yeast failed. I can do it again yeah?
From what I can tell it could take + 48 hours worst case

nervously awaiting my yeast to start activating, my first brew gravity seemed pretty good. Not sure I did the yeast right. Seems to be a few different opinions on best way to do that. I used luke wam water in a sanitized jug covered for around 20-30 mins, didnt really bubble much but seemd to dissolve ok. I poured that into the cooled wort and gently stirred it through. If for some reason the yeast failed. I can do it again yeah? From what I can tell it could take + 48 hours worst case
luke wam water in a sanitized jug covered for around 20-30 mins - Good move. No bubbling to be expected at this point. If for some reason the yeast failed. I can do it again yeah? - Yes - fine to pitch some more yeast if you think it's failed. Use the same type, or a different type, rehydrate it in luke warm water as before, or just pitch it in directly. From what I can tell it could take + 48 hours worst case - Yes. I've NEVER waited that long. The yeast multiplies/reproduces first, eating up dissolved oxygen, before it starts to eat the sugar. Or something like that. It's called the lag phase.

Where’s ZEBBA? I haven’t seen him post for a while. Are you OK Zebba??

nervously awaiting my yeast to start activating, my first brew gravity seemed pretty good. Not sure I did the yeast right. Seems to be a few different opinions on best way to do that. I used luke wam water in a sanitized jug covered for around 20-30 mins, didnt really bubble much but seemd to dissolve ok. I poured that into the cooled wort and gently stirred it through. If for some reason the yeast failed. I can do it again yeah? From what I can tell it could take + 48 hours worst case
luke wam water in a sanitized jug covered for around 20-30 mins - Good move. No bubbling to be expected at this point. If for some reason the yeast failed. I can do it again yeah? - Yes - fine to pitch some more yeast if you think it's failed. Use the same type, or a different type, rehydrate it in luke warm water as before, or just pitch it in directly. From what I can tell it could take + 48 hours worst case - Yes. I've NEVER waited that long. The yeast multiplies/reproduces first, eating up dissolved oxygen, before it starts to eat the sugar. Or something like that. It's called the lag phase.

Yeah thanks
Never saw much activity in the airlock, but had a nice thick krausen on top, so maybe I had a small leak on the seal of my el cheapo entry level fermenter. My gravity reading both on Opening starting gravity were spot on. Also I have had a nice drop in gravity readings each day, on day 4 I seemed to have reached the FG, so I will see over the next few days if that has finished. Due for a drup hop by Saturday or whenever I guess I can prove that fermentation has stopped. Looks like I got lucky, Beer smells and tastes OK so far, Nothing too funky going on, Cross fingers

Yeah thanks
Never saw much activity in the airlock, but had a nice thick krausen on top, so maybe I had a small leak on the seal of my el cheapo entry level fermenter. My gravity reading both on Opening starting gravity were spot on. Also I have had a nice drop in gravity readings each day, on day 4 I seemed to have reached the FG, so I will see over the next few days if that has finished. Due for a drup hop by Saturday or whenever I guess I can prove that fermentation has stopped. Looks like I got lucky, Beer smells and tastes OK so far, Nothing too funky going on, Cross fingers

I’m envious. Enjoy!! Sounds delicious.

Anyone tried these from Aldi? Thought might be ok to try for GF day while a cook a brisket

Go for it. They sell the exact same ones over here. Paulaner Weißbier isn’t the best of the bunch, but it’s okay. If they had Franzeskaner, it would be preferable.