The Beer Thread

Sauce have also got a double NEIPA (might be all sold out) as well, Trubble and Squeek.

Thinking I might give a NEIPA a go at home, although I’d be hard pressed to bypass another batch of the Rye IPA and Black IPA I did in my last brew.

1 Like

And for the Pirate Life fans, Dan Murphy’s are doing 2x 6 packs of PL varieties for $40, finishing tomorrow. Give the IPA usually goes for ~$32/6 pack on it’s own, that’s exceptional value.

1 Like

Scew Pirate Life.

I hate them because they broke my heart.

Enjoy it now while it still tastes the same and is everywhere for less. ■■■■ em when the recipe inevitably changes.

And besides, BrewDog will be here in 12 months and then you wont care.

I know, damn my stubborn principles.

My local craft café (2 minute walk from my house, bless them) put every PL product they had in ice bins on the day the sale was announced and sold them for $1.50 a can…

I did not go to work the next day.

2 Likes

Ha that’s awesome. Also stupid but definitely awesome.

Indeed, they would have incurred a reasonable loss.

But their whole schtick is “independants only”, so from a branding and reputational point of view it worked well for them.

1 Like

How far do they push that schtick? Mornington Pen and Stockade for example are not fully independent, do they stock them?

Don’t recall seeing them in the fridge, but can’t categorically rule it out.

Which will bother me mentally until resolved, meaning I’ll just have to suck it up and call in there on my way home this evening.

1 Like

you’re welcome.

1 Like

Please provide a comprehensive list of things you need verified, might as well knock them off in one sitting

My money is on Balter to be the next buy out.

Good call.

As irritating as it is, the brewery I was involved in basically had “get bought out” as a cornerstone of the business plan.

Get good, get paid, start again.

Stupid not to, especially now given the changing nature of the market and the impact BrewDog is going to have on the small outfits. You look at the way Balter have increased their core range and what beers they’ve done it with, then look at their marketing strategy etc, it’s pretty clear which way they’re heading. Only a matter of time IMO.

I’m curious what brewery that was…

Big Shed in Adelaide.

Started it with a couple of mates in a tiny industrial unit in the western suburbs on a Sabco Brewmagic pilot kit… spent the best part of a year developing the core range before going to market.

Sadly I had to get out before things really got going. They’re starting to kick some goals now with distribution and a venue on the way (in addition to the brewery).

4 Likes

Well done on the Golden Stout Time! Epic beer.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a cracker. They’ve recently released a “Boozy Fruit” along the same lines, haven’t tried it yet but I’m told it was on par.

I’ll always have a soft spot for the “F-Yeah”, named after our reactions when we finally nailed down the recipe and tried the finished product.

2 Likes

haha, nice!

Yeah have had the Boozy Fruit, on tap at Gabs and bottled. It’s good but there’s better NEIPA’s out there IMO. The GST is legit top two stouts you’ll find, the other being Stockade’s Mountie Maple Imperial Stout.

Mate of mine pours his GST over ice cream, ■■■■■■■ amazing stuff!

Like metal and beer. My kinda dudes, hope it kicks off for them!

2 Likes

Think I just went into one of them in Nara. A small spanky-w anky supermarket selling upmarket items only?
Bought a couple of bottles of Chimay which were insanely cheap (by Aus standards), so too good to refuse…Will enjoy them shortly…

1 Like

My clever wife got myself some Moon Dog-Splice Of Heaven IPA for my birthday today. Very nice indeed.

1 Like