The Beer Thread

I know where that joint is, right near Adventure park and the turnoff to Wallington/Ocean Grove. Never stopped in.

Very good. Really enjoyed it. But I think I prefer the nail vpa or the sauce bubble and squeak.

1 Like

If you’ve got a nice sunny day and a few hours to kill it’s a perfect spot for a few ciders and a feed on the lawn. Location is probably the only problem unless you’ve got a driver.

Am in tropical Guangxi now and had a delightfully refreshing pineapple beer.

DIdn’t know such a thing existed till yesterday. And only A$0.20/can!

2 Likes

18/20. Those four letter S ones!!! Where can you buy Star? I’m keen now

Both are great but pretty sickly sweet after half a bottle.
My friend brought a hard to get Omnipollo to a tasting once and we said, “hey, this’d be ace on ice cream!” He looked so ■■■■■■ when we poured it. F’ing delicious though.

2 Likes

Don’t you live over there or just holiday?

Any good tropical IPA will have lashings of pineapple and grapefruit to the palate. mmmm grapefruit…

Speaking of which, Bad Shepard’s latest limited release is a Grapefruit IPA. :yum::beers:

Neither. I visit for work, but have opportunity for a bit of sightseeing and enjoying the local culture.

1 Like

You had me at 20c beers. Guangxi here I come!

1 Like

Anyone else doing the beer advent calendar thing?

2 Likes

Oh thanks for the reminder. I need to chuck mine in the fridge. So yes, yes I am.

1 Like

Who from?

My wife for a birthday present. :wink:

But it’s from Beer Cartel.

Did you get one?

2 Likes

Yeah I grabbed the Carwyn Cellars Canvent Calendar.

Had the Beer Cartel last year, it’s not bad!

Oh the Carwyn one should be good. I look forward to 24 days of comparisons and reviews.

1 Like

yeah pretty keen. I know it includes Bad Shepherd, Last Rites and Blackmans, haven’t seen anything else but they’re all special canvent brews.

1 Like

Hop nation double neipa today at far side beers. Delicious.

4 Likes

Is that the 9% beast? Lookout!

I know. It was a fair wack to start the evening. But a good whack.

2 Likes