The Beer Thread

Your understanding of beer appears to be very limited. Industrial swill is a relatively recent phenomenon, some of the beer styles of the UK, Germany, Belgium and Northern France go back a long way.

I brew my own, and so do many friends, it’s a really, really simple thing.

Some’s to my taste, some isn’t, there’s really no need to toss on about it.

That there was seriously taking the umm, . shall we say, “pis”.

It’s Beer.

The simplicity of it depends on what you’re brewing and how you’re brewing it.

coopers-larger-kit-review

Simples. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve been doing kit and kilo brewing with a mate of mine for about 9mths. It’s a relatively simple process but I’m also under no illusions about the quality, freshness and complexity of the beer we’re producing against all grain brewing. Pulling the trigger on a Robobrew in the new year.

Put down a Galaxy Pale Ale and Rye IPA on Sunday night. Should be ready to bottle in a few weeks. Might do another IPA and a smaller batch Mullberry and Chocolate Imperial Stout to cellar for winter at the same time.

2 Likes

Fair enough. But this one really only describes flavour notes and process, all useful info for the consumers of that style. There are some ■■■■■ writeups on bottles that would really horrify you!

2 Likes

I remember dropping in on some friends coming back from a surfing trip up the coast to QLD, who were living on this old commune at a place called Burringbah.

They used to brew their Beer in a plastic bin, (as you did), and drink it once it had done fermenting and settled, … warm, straight out of the bin, unbottled, uncarbonated.

As Hippies, they were all about getting back to the “Original” way of things.

(Plus they were often stoned, and had no power but, you know, … :smirk:)

I balked, and thought “Farking Wut??”

Tasted fine, got us shitfaced, . it was Beer*

We wound up staying for a few months, and drank it nearly everyday.

…*perhaps the original Hipster beer, . and way more fkn Hipster than Hipster too eh?

Maybe thats the direction they’ll go next, … when you think about it, … it would sit way more closely in tune with the Ned Kelly beards, Braces, and Penny Farthings :thinking:

:wink:

2 Likes

You make some very solid arguments.

2 Likes

I hear that’s how those dirty hipsters at Weihenstephaner make their beer.

1 Like

But do they inhale?

1 Like

Ha ha, yeah. Decent drink that, and one that comes close to mine, … but my Home brewed Wheat Beer would be the preferred every time. (I’ve always enjoyed a touch of sediment since I Pre Tipped my first Coopers Sparkling)

At about a 50th the cost too. :wink:

2 Likes

Sediment is always the best bit.

1 Like

Went to Sauce in Sydney.

Super Saison. Fantastic beer.

Get on it.

1 Like

And Brett as a selling point? Really?

1 week until advent calendar time. I’m getting a little excited.

Did anyone snare a 2018 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout on Black Friday? Last year I bought one through Slowbeer online, they sold out in under 10 minutes! Phenomenal beer.
Japan gets them very late through GI’s online store, they’re still selling the 2017.

I didn’t get one but I read there was about 200 allocated for Victoria.

Yeah, that’s almost nothing. I think it was similar last year.
I brought mine back to Japan with a Boatrocker Ramjet and did a side-by-side with friends here. Both wonderful but quite different. I preferred the BCBS but some liked the Ramjet better. My friend has a new bar and displays the bottles on a shelf there now.

1 Like

I was at far side beers this week and they had two bottles on the shelf.

Ok.

Someone here posted they were buying a robobrew. I looked it up, and now want one.

Is it the easiest way to brew?