The Beer Thread

I don’t have a keg set up yet myself but I have been looking also.

Look at Kegland.com.au.

Basically the same products as Ikeggar but a heap cheaper. Ikeggar looks amazing but ■■■■ me if I’m spending the money they want for it.

Sounds like you’re going to have a pretty amazing setup! You could easily run a few taps and lines from your cellar and have a kegorator (kegs built into a fridge) down there to contain your beer. 3x 20L kegs tapped into your kitchen would be amazing!!!

Kegland would definitely have different set ups for this!

aussiehomebrewer forum would be a great resource for you as well.

1 Like

Thank you!! More research!

Here’s an example of a top shelf type system from Kegland.

https://www.kegland.com.au/diy-draught-system-triple-diamond-package.html

They also do full kegorator systems including the fridge which would you would install straight into your Butlers pantry. You could then store your aging kegs down in the cellar and just change them over as they empty. Oh my, I’m getting very excited for you!!

Ok here is the plan for the butlers pantry, I could shift the sink across and install the kegorator system where that is situated, or install the kegorator directly underneath this room which has access from the garage/brewery and run lines to the bench and just install taps on the bench. Undecided which would be better.

3 Likes

Take this to kegland and see what they say. it’ll be a commercial recommendation of course so some grains of salt required. Also, join aussiehomebrewer and see what you can find in that forum, ask questions and etc.

1 Like

Will do! getting excited myself I had better do some work, hopefully starting Kitchen around June, hmm wonder if we have a kegland in Tasmania

hmm, nah, they’re in springvale. Have a hunt around locally for distributors and manufacturers.

Kegland do ship also and I’m sure you could get some advise/input from them over the phone/email.

1 Like

Bottled out the hazy today and put down the 2nd brew on the RB3.1.

Hazy is gonna be delicious if today was anything to go by! Glorious juicy citrus hit.

Brew #2 is a Black IPA, a clone-ish of Brewdog’s Arcade Nation. I say clone-ish because the numbers of the recipe are the same except we managed to nail the brewing so well that we’ve exceeded our target original gravity by 5pts and as a result the beer is gonna be ~1% stronger than Brewdog’s version! Should be ready to bottle in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Enjoyed some great tucker at the Healesville Hotel last week. Had a pint of Watts River IPA for the first time. Was OK. Nothing flash.

Found a boutique bottle-o a few doors up & grabbed a few cans of craft beer. Those sampled included:

Modus Operandi - Red IPA. Very nice & packed a decent punch. Passionfruit notes. Great hop/malt balance. Pick of the bunch.

Brewdog - Jet Black Heart - Vanilla Milk Stout. Malty/chocolate/vanilla. Smooth. Medium body. Enjoyed.

Coldstream Brewery - Red Ale. Malty. Decent.

A couple of others, but I forgot to note them down. Soz - no pics of the beers in a glass. Only the cans. Toasted Dad. He is up in those mountains behind the Modus Operandi pic.

7 Likes

This guy knows. I’m brewing this next batch!
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Looks like paradise. I need to get out of the city to sink some tins.

1 Like

Yarra Valley. Brilliant spot. Dad built his dream home with his own two hands. Great escape from the city. Wineries, craft beer breweries, great tucker. Do it, man.

4 Likes

I do head out to the wineries over long weekends sometimes. Such a great part of Victoria. Very good wineries too.

2 Likes

If you have a Seijo Ishii store in your area you may be able to get that Brewdog there from time to time.

1 Like

Drained two of these last night.

Strewth!

Had some beers with a friend for his birthday. We shared some Omnipollo, Oxbow, Bruery Terreux, Beavertown, and more, and I brought out this La Sirene Reserve Saison 2016. Lovely stuff.

6 Likes

In Melbourne visiting from Perth. Tried some White Rabbits (white ale) and Grand Ridge (wheat) over the weekend- very impressive. Heading to Phillip Island for a few days - anything local worth checking out in that neck of the woods?

Ocean Reach Brewery is in Cowes. You’re in for a treat! Their Tartufo Stout is sublime!

2 Likes

Cheers :beers: I’ll let you know how I go.