The Beer Thread

Nice, have one for me. Or two :beer::beer:

1 Like

Anyone finding themselves in Wellington could do worse things than checking out The Garage Project. Very nice array on offer…

5 Likes

Very jealous.

Actually a surprisingly vibrant beer scene in Wellington. And a pretty quirky, cool sort of a city too.

1 Like

It’s a very renowned beer city of late. I’d love to check it out sometime.

2 Likes

I love a pint of Guinness and don’t mind trying new craft beers but after a hard day I drink cascade draught. Bottle shops recently have been charging 56 bucks a carton for our local beer made 10 minutes up the road.
Lets here it for Dan Murphy. Just opened their first bottlo down south of tas and the local brew is 44.80 a box. Farkin lovin it!!!

2 Likes

Damn it costs a fair bit more than that in Vic via Dan’s but I did get some direct from the brewery for $50.

Invested in fermentersaurus today, got the snub nose with liquid transfer kit, can’t wait to give it a run.

2 Likes

A few of my mates did Beervana beer festival there a couple of years ago. Rated it very highly. I’m tagging along next time.

1 Like

had some of this today. Was pretty up my alley. Lower on the fruity end of hop character but pretty resinous/piney in a good way.

2 Likes

Kronenbourg FTW

@Tezza_the_King
The boy done good.

4 Likes

This was my pick from Gabs. Loooooove Maple syrup in a beer, this is the first time I’ve had it in a NEIPA and it just works!

4 Likes

Where did you get your glass from ?

Which one? The stemmed the glass was just from Harris scarf I think and the can shaped scooner was acquired from a brewery… pretty sure beer cartel sell branded versions of them. Albeit smaller.

Can shaped schooner one :+1:

It’s a ■■■■■■ good glass. I just googled “beer can shaped glass” and they sell them on Amazon.

It was good enough for me to want to acquire it… but it’s no speiglau.

Brewed a milk stout yesterday. Gonna load up with ~500gm of cacao nibs at secondary fermentation to really enhance the chocolate.

Drink these,

Pale Ale - almost on par with Jetty Road Pale Ale
Dark Ale - great body full thorough taste, coats my mouth tongue and gut… complete Ale :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

It’s a good one hey?