The Beer Thread

I just posted this in the DQA thread but it is probably more appropriate here.

Of all you beer lovers, I bet none of you have this little beauty:

You can serve up a beer in your own car - “incredible in traffic jams or on Sundays”!

6 Likes

would revolutionise the humble traveller…

1 Like

Just kegged a new pale brew. It’s been a while between brews for me. I normally use topaz as one of the hops but not available at the moment so I used one called dr Rudi as a substitute. Came out nice. First taste quite bitter but it mellows out very nice after that. I didn’t try to do anything to clean the look of this brew, it’s very cloudy which I like. I think it retains more flavour, as long as it isn’t too yeasty. Sometimes you just fluke it. This one came out nice

5 Likes

Got another pale into the tank too yesterday. I might binge brew for a while to build some stock ahead of the finals and warmer weather. Might invest in a second keg so I can have 2 different styles on tap too. Problem is my garage is also my art studio, so that means some of my art work is going to get a bit crazy . Hahah

5 Likes

Thursday night I thought I’d grab a couple just to reward myself for being me.

I started with Bentspoke Cranking IPA.
Followed up with Balter’s IIPA.
And then finished up with one of my current favourites which was 2 Bird’s Double Sunset.

I went to bed quite ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

Beer things.

3 Likes

Hey @choppsuey, did you get the Nomad piccolo stout in your latest Craft Cartel delivery?

I thought it was horrendous.

1 Like

Yeah I did. Underwhelming. Although expectations were low on a mid strength stout.

1 Like

How was that Dainton Violent Crumble, Uncle Chop?

■■■■■■■ amazing. It was in my top 3 from Gabs, doesn’t disappoint in the tin either. And the good news is that it’s sold well enough that they’re doing another run.

And in other news… our first Chocolate Milk Stout is sensational. And is gonna get so much better.

3 Likes

I’ve heard good things about Supertrooper. It’s on my (long long list) of stuff to have when I head over next.

Meanwhile, I went with the classic last night:

5 Likes

Miserable day outside, perfect weather for trying some beer at Bright Brewery.

Nice place, really liking their affogato stout & fainters dubbel.

About to move on to a 12% brew for a laugh.

3 Likes

Da Stubborn Russian!!

Bright might be my favourite regional town in Australia. Such a gorgeous part of the world!

1 Like

Yeah we have had a real mix of weather, from sunny, to overcast & threatening, to absolute belting down with rain & freezing today.

But it is still beautuful countryside to look at in all conditions. Must come back in summer.

Just seen they had a wagon wheel porter previously lol.

Autumn is Bright’s best time IMO. The autumn colour along the ovens valley is simply stunning.

At the Railway Hotel in Castlemaine enjoying a luscious Southern Bay vanilla oatmeal stout- holy moly!

5 Likes

Tonight’s haul

4 Likes

Praline, Obsidian, Temptress… drooool

1 Like

Beer. Mmmm beer.

DDH West Coast IPA

4 Likes

How’s the Violent Crumble?