The Beer Thread

■■■■■■■ amazing.

1 Like

“Now Asahi will get its hands on Australia’s most popular beer brands, including traditional beers such as Victoria Bitter and Carlton Draught as well as CUB’s craft beers such as Great Northern, 4 Pines, Yaks Ale, Pirate Life and Pure Blonde.

It also brews under licence Australia’s most popular premium foreign beer, Corona, as well as Stella Artois and Budweiser.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/asahi-puts-16bn-on-bar-for-carlton-united-breweries/news-story/80516c8d3936ffd58a9feb4a84a63be0

Beer is good. I like it.

1 Like

Haha - Great line!

1 Like

Really enjoying this tonight. I was a bit concerned when I saw 100 IBU but it’s a good balance. Does anyone know how they get the IBU rating? @choppsuey @mrjez?

3 Likes

I was gonna try and explain what I knew but it’d be faster if I just post an article:

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-04/beersci-ibus-explained/

In the pre-NEIPA world IPAs went nuts trying to list the highest IBUs. Mikkeller had their 1000 IBU, but that article explains how it’s not so much a perception thing. Big beers like imperial stouts need high IBUs to balance them out.

As long as it’s not ripping the enamel off your teeth!

1 Like

Great article thanks mate. That was really interesting. I could have always Googled it but I usually prefer to discuss things and get other people’s ideas before running to Wiki.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t wanna just cop out and link but it’s kinda scientific and goes over my head to actually explain.

I found it pretty interesting. I work in petrochemical industry where we use infrared for testing the properties of products.

1 Like

Fancy words for a servo attendant :rofl:

Assume your at the refinery?

1 Like

So now you decide to chip in to this thread. :laughing:

But yes, I do.

1 Like

All right real contribution.

Drinking this, it’s a Frankenstein beer, that BSD would be horrified over.

But oh my it’s absolutely delicious, tastes exactly like apple pie. Apples, oats, cinnamon, very sweet but a nice sour kick too.

2 Likes

Looks like another I need to put on the list. Good contribution PP2. :wink:

The purists here decried my post of the pineapple beer I found in China, so watch out, PP2.

1 Like

Drinking the Hop Nation Husk cascara NEIPA. Better than expected novelty beer.

2 Likes

This one is excellent IMHO. Nice bitter chocolate finish.

5 Likes

Been quite hooked on this the last few months, seems to serve my palate splendidly.

2 Likes

fwiw, I enjoyed a “Snow Beer” last night in Hangzhou. 40oC outside and humid, so it was very welcome. Only ~80c too - cheaper if not in a fancy-schmancy hotel.

3 Likes

Love this one. I gave Guinness another go tonight but it still tastes like a watered down, flat and flavourless stout.

1 Like

Awesome. I’ve seen this around a bit. I’ll grab it next time.

1 Like