The Betting Thread

Heading down there this afternoon. Have a share in Our Goddess in R7. Been below her best this time in, so hoping she can find some of her old form today.

1 Like

Missed on Luna Flare. Sorry about that.

Nicely bred horse Swooper. Good luck moving forward. Do the Shalaa’s like a bit further than 5 furlongs?

1 Like

Thanks, we might need it. Some Shalaa’s have been going along nicely. She won over 1200 at Pakenham early in the year but she’s not gone further than that. There was some early talk about her going as long as 1400 but they’ve kept her to the sprint distances.
Fair bet she’ll be off to the paddock now. There’s a groundswell among some larger owners to sell her, she’s been off the boil this prep and seems to have lost her fight, which was probably her biggest asset. My preference is to give her another campaign maybe late autumn, but my little share doesn’t carry much weight :disappointed:

1 Like

YUCK Tatum going 1/11 from deep to sink my multi. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

And just had at Caulfield R4. 2.5 Exacta - 12 Mirval Rose to beat 13 Brazen style, hit the line together looked like 12. Just got up and after 5 minutes of no winner and no photo gave it to the 13 ffs

2 Likes

I had Mirval Rose too but didn’t see the race.

Had quite an unlucky day.

I was following tips from Just Horse Racing.

R1: 2nd
R2: 4th
R3: No where
R3: 2nd
R4: No where
R5: 3rd

Then was busy and missed the next one - Run Harry Run - it won of course and paid $14.

Then I just cracked the ■■■■■ and gave up.

2 Likes

Don’t know how many times I’ve done that been given tips go crap all day, then the moment your not on it it wins

1 Like

Only had four bets yesterday, and none of them got up. Didn’t back Rose Quartz, whom I’ve backed sporadically, so that one stung a bit.

Still, had one of my best days at the track last Saturday. $100 odd up for the day, and I met and had a chat with the great Terry Daniher.

5 Likes

Dw brother, I had your back with a sneaky small one!

5 Likes

I was on Rose Quartz and got a good one with Amber Glide at Ascot.

5 Likes

Great find at 26 bucks, but how? Haha

1 Like

I couldn’t pick a winner if my life depended on it but I’ve got years worth of data and a selection model that spits out what I should bet on and how much.

2 Likes

Not as good as Amber Glide last week but I got onto a good one at Doomben…

4 Likes

Happy you won, but that Rousseau makes my blood boil. Hammered it last start did absolutely nothing. :rage::rage::rage:

Good start

3 Likes

Rr8#8 Port Philip
Blackbooked him a while ago. I’ve stuck with him since. No joy but I stay and have $199 the win.:pray:
Caulfield R5#2 :crossed_fingers:

I have another runner in that race. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

MV R2#6 Jenni Espirit.
Take it to the bank. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Apologies !!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: