The biggest EFC related defections in last 50 years

Hated seeing brad plain trotting out for Collingwood, and McMullin. Hawker at Carlton sucked. Merv neagle at Sydney wasn’t fun either.

I’m not sure if any of these qualified as defections as such, but wether anyone defects or gets punted that I loved still ended up with me as a child saying the world is a desolate and unfair place.

Didn’t care much for Plain or McMullin, but Hawker was a great Essendon player and that was a little sad to see him go. He didn’t do anything at the Blues though, so, big deal in the end I guess.

I liked Brad Plain, he had plenty of ability but apparently a very loose unit off the field. We got him from Collingwood in exchange for Tony Elshaugh, so him going back after we got rid of him at the end of '93 wasn’t a massive deal. He did nothing there. Also was on North’s list in '96 when they won the flag but didn’t play a game for them (or maybe he played one). David Calthorpe leaving us for Brisbane at the end of '98 at the time I wasn’t too happy about, but in hindsight he was cooked as a player. Spent 2000-01 at North and didn’t do that much there.

I thought he played in 87 flag

Nope. He did not.